Chapter 23.

Note to Self: Remember to be yourself each and every day in every way.

23.

Once Upon a Summer

"Hello, Campers!" Mr. Janet the camp leader yelled on the stage before us.

After breakfast, everyone met in the meeting hall.

"Last week was cleaning the lake, what now?" Veronica asked Madison.

"Today is a "Litter Free" day, it's where we clean up our environment. That will include your cabins, the yard, and most importantly... yourself." She said.

Oh, that's great. I was a very messy and unorganized person, all my friends knew that.

"There will be an inspection from 5 pm to 6 pm so please keep our community clean, no littering."

Some people walked away, complaining.

"After the inspection, we will have storytime!" She yelled in excitement.

Everyone clapped and shouted, the people that were walking away turned back around exclaiming.

"Also, don't forget to submit your speech today, it's due. We will be picking three people to present it tomorrow.

"What's storytime?" I turned to one girl asking.

"It's a time when we roast a bunch of marshmallows and tell stories around the campfire, there are hot chocolate and candy included too." She explained.

Hmmm sounds cool.

"Alright, thanks," I said.

She looked at me and smiled. I instantly recognized her face, she was the girl that walked up to me on orientation day and touched my hair.

"Hey, muffie right?" I asked.

"Yep, that's me." She said.

She still looked the same, crazy brown curly hair, very dirty. But she also had a sweet smile.

"Hey, I promised I'd do your hair... I still haven't forgotten."I said.

"Oh hahaha, you don't have to if you don't want I know it's a little scary ." She laughed.

A little?

"No I want to, I've just gotta find the right time. I barely see you around." I explained.

"Oh, I live in Cabin B4." She said.

A few cabins down from Matteo's.

"Hey! Emilia we're going to breakfast common." Madison yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

"I'll catch you later okay?" I said, running off.

"Okay... sure." She smiled.

I grabbed the plate of grilled cheese bacon biscuits and passed it Dylan who passed it down to Chantel, who passed it to Veronica who passed it to Madison who placed it on the small carpet in the middle.

I realized that our kitchen group had grown bigger.

We all looked at each other.

"Yea... we're gonna need a bigger place to eat," Dylan said.

"I'll think of something," Chantel said.

In the Cabins.

"When did you tell Dylan about us?" Veronica asked me.