Chapter 19.

Note to self: As bad as it was in the beginning, everything turns out for good.

19.

6:45 pm

Dinner Time.

After hours of sorting through my clothes with the girls. We finally found something appealing to wear.

A black mini dress with a jeans jacket.

Once Upon a Summer

Madison insisted that I unbutton the jacket to reveal my cleavage but that would be too much attention.

I combed my hair, letting it down. I always put on just a bit of makeup to cover my freckles but Veronica helped me look a little different.

Thank you, sis, your make-up really came in handy.

It's showtime.

"Hey, guys." I walked into the kitchen, greeting Dylan and Chantel.

"Hey Em." He turned around, studying me.

"Hey, looking good." He said.

"Thanks... you too." I winked at Chantel who winked back.

"So how's the project going and stuff?" I asked them, as I prepared my dinner.

"Oops! Let me help you with that clumsy." He said... helping me with my spaghetti.

I hadn't even realized that the cheese was going all over the floor.

I really was clumsy... my hands were shaking and one thing kept on ringing in the back of my head.

Conscious: If you mess this up... you'll be single forever.

I didn't want that. This was a second chance.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

"The project is going well... just a couple more dance moves and we'll be good to go," Chantel said.

"Yea... a couple more hard dance moves," Dylan added.

"I know you guys can do it," I said... taking a bite of my meatball.

"Yea... we've only got two weeks left right?" Dylan asked.

I almost spit out my food as my eyes widened.

TWO WEEKS LEFT OF CAMP AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A SONG!?

I've been working on my speech this whole time.

"Hey Em, you okay?" Dylan asked.

"Just fine... Damn haha... time flies by doesn't it?" I laughed nervously.

"Yea... it really does!" He laughed.

"There you are!" Madison came barging in the kitchen with an angry face.

Dylan rolled his eyes.

"What do you need now princess?" Chantel asked.

"Did you see what you put inside my spaghetti? I see green stuff. I told you that I hate vegetables!" She complained.

Perfect acting Madison.

"Let me just see if I could take it out, it's probably just thyme for seasoning." Chantel rolled her eyes.

"Let me come... she's so dramatic," Dylan whispered.

"No it's okay... they do this all the time. I'll be right back." Chantel walked off with Madison.