Chapter 36.

Note to self: Don't measure your progress using someone else's ruler.

36.

Once Upon a Summer

I washed it first with vinegar for ten minutes with warm water then I applied some of my olive oil shampoos and rinsed it off. I applied my avocado conditioner for thirty minutes before rinsing it off again.

After letting the hair air dry. I apply coconut oil on it and begin the hairstyle. And that was how I...

Washed hair that hadn't been washed in weeks.

"No no... haha this is what happened okay. So I was like "okay I'm brave, I'm going to go tell him how I feel but nope! Within split seconds Kimberly's big lips are all over him." I explained.

"WHAT, that's so messed up... but why are we laughing about it though?" Muffie struggled to ask me as she giggled.

We were on my bed, as I braided two cornrows on her hair. Surprisingly, it looked really pretty on her.

"I guess it's because we've been through worse with Kimberly now that what she did in the past is even a joke," I said as she turned around to face me. She was more beautiful than ever.

"Why did you slap him?" She asked, referring to Dylan.

"I...wanted him to feel how I felt. The pain I guess."

"But you guys are Hermione and Ron goals, literally." She said, referring to Harry Potter.

Who secretly had feelings for each other and didn't tell each other.

"But you heard what he said. He never thought of me as a friend. That made me sort of angry because even though I had feelings for him during our friendship, I still thought of him as a friend." I explained.

She stared at me for a few seconds, trying to understand what I had just said."Pffff, what the hell Emilia? What you said doesn't make any sense." She laughed.

What? How.

"If you have feelings for a guy and want to be with him, it obviously means that you want your relationship to be more dummy. That's what he was trying to say. He never thought of you as a friend because he never wanted to be friends with you from the beginning, he wanted to be your boyfriend.

I feel so dumb and stupid, why do I always jump to assumptions without thinking? God help me.

"Gosh I'm so dumb, I guess I just really wanted to slap him. It's not even about what he said it's about what he did." I explained as she nodded.

"Let's pray for him then. In fact, let's pray for y'all s relationship." She said.

"You're a Christian?" I asked, sounding just as surprised as I was.

"Duhhh. Full-on Pentecostal." She said.

Wow, we believed in the same church.

"That's awesome, me too," I said, grabbing her hands. "And hey... I know it was stupid to slap him. I was supposed to control my anger and handle the situation some other way so can we pray for me too?" I asked and she nodded.