Chapter 34.

Note to Self: You're falling but you'll get up again. Takedown one day at a time.

34

Once Upon a Summer

Please Play: Falling by Harry Styles.

I woke up to all the girls surrounding me with confusion written on their faces.

"Emilia, what's going on?" Chantel tapped my forehead.

Wait... it was a dream?!

"I think I had a crazy dream." I sat up in my bed.

"You think? You were murmuring something like, "Matteo it's you, it's always been you." We all heard it." Madison giggled.

Oh. No!

I covered my face with my hands, as my face turned red.

"Was it a sex dream?" Veronica asked me.

"What? No!" I refused. That would be disgusting... wouldn't it?

I grabbed my glasses from the reading table near my bed and wore them on to cover any tears from falling.

"Oh no honey, you're having romantic dreams about Matteo?!" Madison tapped my leg, slightly frowning as everybody awed behind.

"I'm not, we only kissed in the dream.
It's a one-time thing, burrrr." I rolled my eyes. "Burrr" was our word for "Brush ur rush" meaning, "brush it off."

"We can't burrr girl. This is a clear sign that you love him." Chantel said as the rest of the girls agreed.

"Yea, sure," I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. "I don't love Matteo. I told you guys that I like Dylan."

"Exactly.... you just said it," Veronica said. "You like Dylan but you're refusing to admit that you love Matteo."

I was refusing to admit it even to myself. I couldn't love him? I couldn't.

Conscious: Why can't you? You twat.

"You see Emilia, Dylan's always been your crush and he still is but Matteo... he's the love of your life," Chantel said.

No, it can't be. That sounds too cheesy.

Conscious: It is what it is.

"No, this will ruin everything. Matteo doesn't love me. He probably doesn't even like me at all. We're just partners. I know that he's told me how important I am to him, and we've held hands a couple of times but that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't." I shook my head. I knew the truth, but I refused to accept it.

"Aww honey, that statement right there is why you're still single and might be forever. Sometimes you've gotta be the first one to make a move. Dylan was a shy guy and Matteo probably is too. You've gotta step up and tell whichever one that you have feelings for them." Madison said with a smile.

"Tell us what happened Yesterday between you and Matteo," Chantel said.

"I snuck away from dinner to meet him in the library. He was happy to see me and we talked about a couple of things. Then we went out to the lake for fresh air. We got on one of the canoes and talked. It started to rain and we quickly ran back inside. That's all." I explained.