Chapter 40.

Note to Self: Stop expecting. Start believing.

40.

Once Upon a Summer

"Have you seen Dylan?" I asked Chantel.

"He's practicing a couple of dance moves. Are you going to practice too?" She asked me.

We were in the hallway near the storage room in the cafeteria building.

"Yea, I will. Listen. I don't know if this is wrong but I kissed Matteo and it felt good at first but now I feel like a horrible person." I frowned, watching her eyes widen.

Conscious: Why did you kiss him?

"No, you didn't." She said, doubting the truth.

I nodded, as the feeling was getting worse.

"Oh my gosh! Tall, handsome, sweet Italian guy? I almost thought he was gay."She asked, her mouth still widened in shock. I didn't expect such a funny response, our kiss seemed to be a relief.

"Should I feel bad?" I asked.

"I've never been kissed before so I can't judge your experience but all I can say is if there's a little voice in your head asking you why you did it over and over again and you don't have the answer to that little voice then it was probably a bad choice." She said, placing her hands on my shoulders.

I already felt bad because Matteo didn't tell me he was leaving camp. And I wasn't sure if he was using me either, was it right to trust him or not?

Is he using me?

"But if you don't have the answer don't think of yourself as a fool or a baddie, you're a sweet girl, don't let me be the last person to tell you that." She smiled, reassuring me.

"Thanks, Chantel." I smiled back.

I walked into the Music Room and took a seat at the piano next to Matteo. He stopped playing and stared at me.

"You're leaving camp?" I asked him.

"You were standing there." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I turned to him.

"I didn't have enough time. Everything was perfect when I wanted to tell you." He explained.

How to not be a bitchy dramatic person in a situation like this.

1. Ask yourself if you've made the same mistake before.

"I guess I've been there and done that," I said, placing my hand on his knee.

"I'm... sorry Mila." He said, glancing at me.

2. Explain why the mistake made you sad or mad.

"I guess I was angry because I love spending time with you... and I know that sounds silly but it's the truth."I looked down, avoiding his face expression.

He always made me nervous.

"Aw Mila, when I met you I never knew I would have to work with you for more than a week. But you make me nervous, more than ever now because I hate to leave you." He said.

3. Now finally thank the opposite after a good conversation.

"Thank you, Matteo." I gently kissed his cheek.