Chapter 44.

Note to self: Things change during time but it's your choice and your time to still be you.

44.

Once Upon a Summer

Three Months Later

"Get up!" My brother yelled from the door as I felt a shoe land on my arm.

"Ow." I groaned, sitting up confused. It was his third attempt in waking me up. What could this moron possibly want at this time in the morning? (7:43)

"What's six divided by four again?" He asked me.

THAT WAS WHY?!

That was why this idiot woke me up at 7:43 in the morning to ask a simple math problem?!

"Go ask Google, you dummy," I grumbled, throwing his dirty shoe back at him.

Not being able to go back to sleep, I grabbed my phone and browsed through Instagram.

What was the Avengers crew up to?

Yes, my crew. I wondered if we still existed.

Veronica's baby bump was more visible than ever, she is five months pregnant and seems to have much support from her sister, Vanessa.

Madison composes amazing songs and uploads them to Spotify, Apple Music, and SoundCloud.

Chantel's in a dance crew with one of the most popular choreographers on YouTube. His channel has over ten million subscribers.

I hadn't spoken to Aalayah in a while but based on her Facebook and other social media, she was fine. Exploring her other talents besides baking. She seemed very happy.

And last, but not least was Dylan. He was still here in town and we've seen each other every day since we left camp but we're friends and we've both decided that things are better that way. He's going off to college in a few days and I'm going to miss him terribly. If only I kept my grades up and passed all my tests, perhaps we could've have been going to
Yale together.

And you're probably wondering what's going on with me.

Well, I never won the competition, maybe it's because somebody did better or the fact that I performed with the Admin's son wasn't fair. But I didn't care because 'camp' wasn't the only opportunity to reach out and help people. I stay at home, singing, and spending time on social media, influencing others. I spend the time missed with my family, I still secretly visit the nursing home and Mr.Vincent. Soon school will resume in just a few days and everything will go back to being the same except a few changed things.

Dylan won't be walking through the halls with me but Chantel and Madison instead, I'll be a Senior, getting ready for whatever future is ahead of me, my parents keep pressuring me about my grades. PSpeaking of my parents, my mum treats me differently. Ever since I came back from camp. She's been more harsh and distant and it's only towards me. I have a feeling that it might be because of him.

Matteo.

My mum knows that our relationship in the camp was far more than friendship. As much as we both denied it or didn't know what we were, deep down we both wanted to be with each other. Sadly, fate wasn't cut out for us and I'll be single forever.