Chapter 33.

Note to Self: Everything is going to be okay.

33.

Once Upon a Summer

I couldn't believe it. I already felt the blast of fire getting closer as we traveled back home. My sister and brother will condemn me until the end of my Senior year. I played the scene over and over in my head.

Dylan was holding my hand as I quietly prayed when the bus stopped and started turning back.

We started asking each other questions like, "What's going on?" And, "Are we going back to Camp?"

"Quiet down kids, looks like you won't be going back home after all." The driver said with a large grin.

We sat down in the Dean's office for the second time. Except for this time, we were confused about what's to come.

"Hey, we never got the chance to talk about what happened yesterday," Dylan told me.

"I'm really sorry Dylan. I know I broke a friend's rule-"

Suddenly I was interrupted by the Dean's entrance.

"Honestly, it's a shock to me that you all are back here. You've been given a second chance by Mr.Rozario. Despite how irresponsible you all have been, you all have worked hard towards the competition."

Madison looked at Veronica who looked at Chantel who looked at me who looked at Dylan.

"Sadly, except for Dylan, the rest of you won't be moving back into your cabins. They are now occupied with students. You'll be staying in the guest lodge for the rest of the week."

This is crazy.

"There is a "but." You will be helping in the kitchen and any events that take place from now on. Also, you were expelled from camp but withheld because of the competition in just four days. But next year well, there will be no next year 2020 camp for the five of you.

My heart dropped, no next year?! This was our last 2019 camp? What would my parents think? I shook my head, as I stared at the ceiling.

The girls ran into our new cabin, well... our new house as they yelled and screamed. I remember the guest lodge very well. I never knew on the first day of camp that I would ever see this place again.

It was always clean and smelled like firewood and sawdust. We all slept in the Master Bedroom because the other rooms were locked for some reason. The Master Bedroom had a large bathroom and four beds so everything was perfect. Except...

"No camp for us next year?!" Veronica yelled in shock as she arranged her things.

"Not that it matters, your kid would be one by then," Madison said.

"So?" Veronica rolled her eyes.

"So you wouldn't be able to go." Madison continued.

"I don't see myself here at camp next year anyway. I have to clean and cook to get in and I realized, that ain't me." Chantel said.

"You're right, and who knows where we'll be next year? I might be preparing for a large interview or a show next summer." I laughed, joking.