chapter 12

I woke up by the sound of a beeping, i slowly opened my eyes to be surprised by a familiar head.. its my brother.

I looked around and it seems like im in a hospital bed, my brother leaned closer to my side. He's eyes were always those of bored ones.

"You're finally awake" he spoke as he helps me sit in the bed to talk to him properly.

I took a second look around the room and saw genos sitting in the couch with his arms cross. I bet his mad at me for rushing at garou's side and being kidnapped because of it.

"Look i'm really sorry for rushing towards the enemies" i said, it's almost as if i've lost my voice. I sounded like a broken music box.

"It's not what i'm worried about now.." my brother spoke, i looked at him trying to stop my tears from falling. I've never felt so relieved to see my brother again.

"Are you ok now?" He asked with his unusual worried tone, i just nodded in response.

I stayed silent as i slowly regained my memories from last time..garou...where's garou?!

I turned to my brother and he had this idiotic look in his face.

"Where' s.. where's ga--"

"Nowhere" genos cut me off, i gazed at him and his expressions are still the same.

What does he mean nowhere? Did he escape? Was he killed? My head hurts as i think about what had happened to the man.

I groaned in pain.

"You should rest" my brother tucked me in, forcing me to sleep.

I had no choice but to sleep.

*2 months later

I was finally out of that hospital, finally healthy and kickin.

I still have'nt found any information about garou, it was like he disappeared from existence.

I shook my head as i thought about him being dead somewhere, i know that man is strong. I bet he's just around regaining his strength.

"Hey what are you zoning out for?" I snapped out from my thoughts as i heard my brother call out for me.

I quickly jogged to his side.

"So you're going back to china huh." My brother started to talk, i don't really wanna go back to china without even having a glimpse on garou.

"Are you hesitating?" My brother looked at me dead serious, i gulped as i tried to keep my mind straight.

"I don't know if i wanna go back to china, i just can continue my nursing here--"

"Hell no!" My brother snapped.

"You were almost killed by the monsters! As your brother i wont let you face that kind of terror again!! Plus you're safer there!" He said as i noticed some veins popped out from his body. I know my brother cares for me and only wants me to be safe but..

"But im safest here.." i mumbled.

I could see my brother's face softened as he heard what i said. He sighed in defeat as he hugs me tightly, his warmth was always the same.

His brotherly love for me remained the same, even when he finally became the strongest man on earth.

"You are really stubborn" i heard him whisper as he tightens his  hug even more.

"Well im you're sister after all..it runs in our genes." I said as i hug him aswell, but he quickly pulls out from the hug and grabs my shoulder.

"What do you mean OUR genes?"he raised a brow as he looks at me straight in the eyes.