chapter 29

I've been staying here in city B since i finally found a decent apartment near the hospital I'm working at, i also heard a couple of news about garou beating up heroes to death.

I roamed the halls when i suddenly bumped unto a person because i dazed off, i immediately bowed and apologized at the person.

"Yukino?" My ears perked up when i heard an awful familiar voice, i raised my head and saw a skinny women with dark circles under her eyes but despite that, it was easy to recognize her.

"Akira.." i said, immediately turned away from her but i heard a few quiet sobs from her. I turned around and saw her bending down covering her face as she cried.

I felt sad for her, i quickly bent down to her eye level as well and hesitantly patted her shoulders, she immediately hug me.

The audacity to just hug me...

I remained silent as she cried her heart out on my shoulders, i brushed her hair trying to comfort her.

Despite her being a savage bitch the last time i saw her, i felt sad for her.. i've known akira since we were kids and i know for a fact that she's not exactly that bad of a person.

When she finally calmed down, she gently pulled away from hugging me and she bowed down at me with her head on the floor.

"I know i don't have the right to just hug you after what i have done but.. i don't have anyone... just...my baby and....she's currently in the ICU." She sobbed between sentences, i told her to stand up so she did.

"Lets talk about it in the cafe of the hospital in the groundfloor.. since i'm currently on a short break."i forced a smile at her and she responded with a weak smile.

We sat across each other, she was silent, while i on the other hand just kept sipping on my tea.

"Im sorry..." i gazed at her and her head was down, her uncombed hair was covering her face. It was obvious that she's not doing great.

"Why did you do it?"i asked, i just want to know why she had to betray me.

"Garou was not at fault.. nothing ever happened to us.. he kept pushing me away but its me who keeps on following him around." She started, i clenched my fist under the table trying to stop myself from yelling at her since she already had enough on her plate.

"But why?"i asked again and a long pause occured before she answered me.

"I was too desperate to find a father of my child and garou seems to be strong and responsible enough.. thats.. why.. I.." she started sobbing again, i just remained silent as i keep sipping the tea.

"Responsible?.. what a weak judgement." I mumbled to myself as i smiled sarcastically.

"Im really sorry, that was the time when i felt so lost." She said with her shaky voice.

"And my baby had to pay the price of my sins." She cried yet again, i pitied her.. she had nothing when i left, only her kid was her source of joy... and to think that she's slowly losing it.

"I can not forgive you yet but if you need somebody to talk with just call me.." i said and her face brightened a little as if she found a light of hope.

"But i dont know your number.."she said.

"I didn't change my number." I gave her a small smile before walking away leaving her at the cafe alone.

My phone vibrated.. i checked a notification and a random number popped up on the screen.

"Thank you so much" i read the message and looked back at the cafe and saw akira smiling at me, i nodded at her and left.

I don't know how to feel, i thought that if i ever meet her again.. i'm gonna get angry at her so bad but i did'nt, when she explained that garou did'nt do anything.. its a like a big rock was lifted off me and i feel lighter knowing that. He did not cheat on me.

I continued my shift until it was time for me to go home, i walked my way back to my apartment since its just a walking distance away from the hospital.

The streets were almost empty since its almost midnight, i feel so tired.

'Crash'

My heart almost jumped out of my body when i heard something crashing, i slowly followed where the sound is coming from.. it was coming from the dumpsters.

My eyes adapted unto the darkness and saw somebody bleeding so bad, and as a nurse i quickly ran up beside the person.

"Sir are you okay?" I asked but the person did'nt answer, instead he just keeps on holding onto his abdomen.

"Are you ok--"

"Stop touching me!!" He pushed me off and i almost tumbled backwards but what took my by surprise is that how i quickly recognized whose voice is that.

He did'nt turn at me instead he's focused on holding his abdomen and enduring the pain.

"Hey let me help you."my tone softened for no goddamn reason, its just that my knees wobbled in fear, in excitement, in joy.. i dont know what i'm feeling.

"Tch.. i said don't touch me!" His hands reached unto my neck and choked me, i couldn't breath.. i keep slapping his hands of but he won't budge.

I slowly made my way to his cheeks and slowly caressed it, his grip loosened a little. Making me breath a little.

"Garou.." i spoke and he let go of me immediately, he stared at his trembling hands, i coughed and coughed trying to catch my breath.

"Yukino.. I" he suddenly collapsed, i ran to his side and read his pulse... he's fine.

Way to go garou.. our first meet up after a few years and  you just choked me to death you punk.

He seemed to be badly hurt, i inhaled and thought of a crazy idea that would break the rules i've made for myself over the years.

Bringing a guy home..