Chapter Five

"Stella, where are you?" Snow called. Your eyes shot open in fear and you quickly moved your hands from your face and stood up.

     "Over here," you yelled back, picking up your bow and putting it over your shoulder.

     "What are you doing here? Why didn't you come back with Emma?" she asked as she and Charming made their way over to you.

     "I was looking to see if Peter," you quickly recovered, adding his last name so it was obvious you were just saying his whole name. "Pan left anything, in particular any clues as to where he's keeping Henry. I haven't found anything, though. Has Emma figured out the map yet?"

     "Nope. She's working on it while we rushed out to see if we could find Pan. Hey, why's your arrow over here?" Charming answered.

      "That was where I shot it at...Pan. He disappeared before it hit him, though. I left it there so I'd remember where he was. I'm looking over here because I wanted to check the whole vicinity." The lies slipped easily from your lips. Even Emma couldn't tell when you were lying, probably because you were so good at lying you even convinced yourself.

    "We should get back to the others. You probably want to grab you arrow, as I'm sure you won't have time to make more. Emma could probably use help figuring out Pan's puzzle."

     "Yes," you sighed. "She probably will need help solving Pan's tricks." Even you had fallen prey to his tricks. His beautiful face tricked you into forgetting about everything, not just your name, but what he was doing to Henry. Next time you see him, you'll have to keep your guard up. You fell hard this time just because you were completely unprepared; you gave yourself a talking to as you collected your arrow and the three of you made your way back to the camp.

     "There's no sign of him anywhere," Charming announced to the others.

     "Any luck with the map?" Snow asked.

     "Don't hold your breath," the Evil Queen responded.

     "What's that supposed to mean?" Emma questioned.

     "Don't you see what he's doing?" The Evil Queen had it all figured out. "Every second we spend talking about this is another second we're not looking for my son!"

     "You got a better idea?" Emma said.

     "Magic," the Evil Queen might as well have said duh after it. Magic was her answer, and Rumplestiltskin's answer, to everything. Meanwhile, everyone scoffed. "If there's a lock on there, I'll find a way around it."

     She reached out to take the parchment, but Emma slammed her hand down on it. "Pan said it had to be me."

     "I'd listen to Emma, love," Hook interposed. "Breaking Pan's rules would be unwise."

     "Sadly, I agree with the pirate," Charming added.

     "I'm winning you over. I can feel it."

     "And your magic doesn't exactly have a gentle touch, Regina," Snow said, as gently as those words could be said.

     "Use it on the map; it might blow up in all our faces." Charming and Snow teaming up together like usual.

     "Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take."

     "Well, I'm not!" Emma stood up from where she had been sitting, with the rock on a parchment in front of her. Now, the parchment was in her hands. "If I'm the one who's supposed to figure out this thing, I need to do what Pan said."