Chapter Fourteen

The next morning, you awoke and looked around your treehouse. You couldn't think of anything you would do to change it, even if you had limitless resources. All of a sudden, you felt the unusual weight around your neck. You looked down, a smile spreading across your face as you saw the necklace you had just received, as you pictured the earnestness you had seen in his eyes last night, as you remembered when he told you he loved you. Your pulse raced, and the smile on your face probably looked ridiculously huge as you whispered his name for the thrill, for the fact that now it was your name to say. "Peter Pan."

Speak of the devil, he hugged you from behind. You jumped, it was so unexpected. He was known for appearing suddenly, but he'd never appeared in your treehouse before. He whispered in your ear, "Thinking about me, snowflake?"

"Whatever gave you that idea," you smirked. "Was it because you were thinking about me?"

"I was probably thinking about you as much as you were thinking about me," his breath tickled her ear. "But at least I wasn't saying your name out loud." He spun you around to face him. "I think we could do with a little less thinking, what about you?"

"Mmm," you said your eyes hitting his. "I think so." Then you dashed past him, going down your ladder in a flash and racing into the jungle. You dodged trees and slipped by dreamshade as you ran among the terrain you knew as well as a second skin.

"Hey!" Peter yelled behind you. "Where are you going?"

"Come and catch me!" you shouted back. "And don't use your powers, unless you want to show that I'm a much faster runner than you are."

"We'll see about that," he said, his voice already sounding nearer as you pushed yourself harder. You couldn't let him catch you so easily. You jumped over a log, sprinted around trees, not looking back because you knew that that would only slow you down.

Smirking, you hid behind a tree, knowing that though he was close, he was still too far behind you to see where you were. He charged past, but before he could you grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him against the tree, pressing your lips against his before he could do anything. He kissed you back, firmly, before switching your positions, so that you were against the tree trunk.

"Hey! No fair!" you pouted.

"You know me. Peter Pan never fails. You think I'm going to let my true love lead the relationship."

"I hoped you would, just this once."

"Nope," he popped the p, and then went back to attacking your lips as you smiled into the kiss.

A while later the two of you headed back to camp, hand in hand. You had a huge smile on your face. You never imagined it was possible to be so happy, much less imagined it was something you would get to experience. Your heart overflowed with emotions. You had wanted to hide it from Snow, to make her guess, but you knew the minute she saw you your face would give it away.

So you didn't bother removing your hand from Peter's as you walked into the camp. It wouldn't change anything. Besides, his hand felt amazing in yours.

Just as you expected, Peter's smirk and your smile gave it away the second you walked into the camp. To say nothing of the fact that the two of you were holding hands. Many of the lost boys wolf whistled. The older ones, however, shouted "Took you long enough!" Peter scowled at them, but it didn't last long. Snow wasn't in the camp this morning, though. That meant you would get to surprise her.

"So, what's the plan for today?" one of the lost boys asked.

"Today," Peter said, "we are going to have a sword competition. Whoever wins will have no chores for a week. You will break up into groups of three. Two will fight while the third will officiate. Then the winner will play the officiator while the loser officiates. It will be a single elimination tournament, and we will slowly find out who the best swordsman in camp is."