Chapter Twenty-Five

You leaned against a tree as Peter started pacing. "I know that you said we should just forget it, but I can't help but think that I want to do something for you, something to sort of make up for what happened." He threw out his hand, his eyes sparkling, "What if I took you on a sort of...forgiveness flight?"

"A Forgiveness Flight? Peter, that's way too cheesy, especially for you. What's going on?" Seriously Peter? He was acting really strange, a lot different than he normally did. Although a flight did sound really nice. But something was going on with Peter and you needed to figure out what.

"Nothing. I just...I guess I'm trying too hard to get you back, to make sure that something like that doesn't happen again." He gave you a small smile tinged with sorrow.

You walked up to him and hugged him, his strong arms comforting you just like you hoped yours were comforting him. "Don't worry, Peter. We've come so far now; nothing could ever tear us apart." You stayed there for a minute, feeling the safety and longing he roused in you. Then you pulled slowly away, taking his hands in yours as you did. "So, how about that flight?"

"Wait, you mean you really do want to go on the Forgiveness Flight?" Peter smirked at you.

"No! I want my Peter Pan to take me on a beautiful flight so we can spend time together." You traced your thumbs over his cool, smooth skin.

"I suppose that works. I still like Forgiveness Flight better, though."

You rolled your eyes. "Peter, you are a terrible liar."

"Or maybe Forgiveness Flight is just way better than...that long sentence you said."

"Forgiveness Flight is so cheesy you could make fondue out of it. 'That long sentence I said' is elegant and suits our purposes exactly."

He tilted his chin up. "Oh, really. Because I was thinking less of a romantic flight, and more of a flight where I have to keep asking for your forgiveness because I keep accidentally, on purpose, dropping you."

You dropped his hand and lightly smacked his arm. "Well, at least now you're admitting you dropped me instead of saying I fell for you."

"Oh, you're right! See, it is romantic! Nevermind, we're going with whatever you called this flight."

"If you drop me, or I fall from the sky in any way, you are dead. It doesn't matter that you're immortal, I will find a way to slowly and painfully kill you, so that you'll have plenty of time to regret what you did."

"Whoa there, Snowflake. You're getting a little dark there. Tone it down just a bit. We're preparing for takeoff."

"Preparing for takeoff? Normally you just grab my hand and shoot into the sky."

"Yes, but this time I need a little bit of one of the things pixie dust can help you find." You looked at him, confusion spreading across you face. He leaned in, giving your lips a gentle peck. "That shouldn't have been so hard for you to figure out. I've told you before that I only call you Snowflake when I'm about to kiss you."

"Yeah, well I haven't had breakfast yet, so my brain isn't fully turned on." Pushing all the blame on Pan, as usual.

"Well why didn't you say so?" He flicked his hand and a perfectly ripe (favorite fruit) appeared in it, which he handed to you with a flourish. "Here's a bit of sustenance for your voracious stomach."

"I suppose this will suffice. But my stomach is an unfillable void. If all the magic on Neverland were employed in filling it, it still would stay hungry."

"But not if a magical chocolate bar was provided." The silver wrapper of a chocolate bar Peter had created for you a long time ago, exactly the way you loved to eat chocolate, glittered in front of you. You quickly ate the rest of the fruit and grabbed the chocolate. Peeling back the wrapper you took a bite then closed your eyes to savor the flavor as it melted into a heavenly delight.