Chapter 37

Hobi was brooding again. No one knew how to approach him, because they didn't know what was wrong. He wouldn't tell them, no matter how much they tried to get it out of him. He was stubbornly silent. But his brothers were determined not to give up. He was their family, and they would take care of him at all costs. So that was why Namjoon was attempting to talk to him once again. 

"Hey, you okay?" Namjoon sat next to Hobi. "I'm fine," Hobi muttered. Namjoon took Hobi's hand, "Don't pretend, Hobi. We all know there's something going on. Something that has obviously affected you for the past few years. And you definitely haven't gotten over it after all this time. So why don't you tell me, you might feel better." Hobi scoffed, "Don't bother trying to help. No one would understand." Namjoon frowned. Never had Hobi been so closed up. "Maybe I won't understand fully, but I'm your brother. If you just tell me, I can at least do my best to offer you comfort. Even if I can't understand, surely you would appreciate someone to vent to." Hobi sighed, "Just go." Any more attempts would be futile at that moment. Namjoon decided to surrender and left the room. Jin saw him come out of the room and gave him a hopeful look. Namjoon shook his head, and Jin's hope vanished from his face, leaving disappointment. 

Hobi walked towards the canteen for his lunch break. He kept his head down as usual, quietly buying his food and slowly eating it. He decided to make a quick stop to the bathroom before his next class. As he walked in, he came across an unexpected sight. 

Jimin had his arms around a sobbing Jungkook, softly comforting him. He looked up and saw Hobi. "What's going on?" Hobi asked. It was the loudest and the most words he'd spoken since he'd shut down. Jimin tried to get over his surprise as he checked in with Jungkook, "Kookie, can I tell him?" Jungkook nodded after a pause. Jimin then turned to Hobi. "Hyung, Kookie's been going through a hard time. Remember when we found out about his weight consciousness?" At Hobi's nod, he continued, "Turns out Kookie never got over it. Because we stopped him from eating so little, he decided to work out excessively instead. I found out a few weeks ago and helped him realise that what he was doing wasn't helpful. He's been doing well, but today he kept having the urge to go back to his old habits, so he called me to help." Hobi looked at Jungkook with concern. He hadn't known, and he felt guilty about it. "I-is there anything I can do to help?" he asked. Jimin smiled softly. "Just look after him, maybe he can call you too if he needs help in the future?" Hobi nodded, "Yeah, of course." Just then, the bell rang. "I better get back to class," he said, before walking out.

Jimin couldn't help but feel like this was the start of Hobi opening up again.

"Hyungs! I have something to tell you!" Jimin rushed to Jin and Namjoon's side once he got home from school. "Hobi talked! He actually conversed with me!" The two older ones turned to him in shock. "He did? How?" Jimin then told them all that had transpired that afternoon. Their eyes widened as they listened. So Hobi opened up when he knew one of his brothers was struggling... They'd have to make use of that. 

Namjoon sat next to Hobi just like the week before. He and Jin had planned how to get Hobi to finally talk about what he'd been going through. They knew that Hobi would do anything to end their struggles, and they intended to use that to their advantage. So Namjoon put on a troubled face as he turned to face Hobi. Hobi noticed straight away and asked softly, "Is something wrong?" Namjoon took a deep breath and spoke, "I am having some trouble. The rest are going through the same thing, actually." Hobi's eyes widened. The others were all struggling with something, and he didn't notice? Hobi felt terrible. "What happened?" his voice was trembling with guilt. 

"The problem is... we don't know what's going on with you. Something happened to you and we just want to help you. But because you won't tell us, we're all struggling. All we want is to be able to help you, and we feel terrible that we can't. So can you please tell us and end our suffering, and yours? No more suffering in silence. We've all been sharing our troubles with each other or with Dad, we want you to do so too. We'll all support you and help you with anything. We promise." Hobi was moved. Namjoon was showing care more than ever before. He felt bad for making his brothers worry about him. "I just don't want to burden you," he whispered. Namjoon wrapped an arm around him, "Your problems will never be a burden. We all thought that too, but sharing will get a weight off your chest. It feels good to have someone know, trust me." Hobi pondered this for a moment, before slowly nodding. "Yeah, okay. I'll tell everyone."

A/N: So this story may be coming to an end because all the boys are healing and resolving their problems. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 more chapters. If you've read my story from the start til now, thank you. And as always, do let me know what you think through comments. Love you all.