Chapter 10

Chapter 10
{UNEDITED}
[Typed on my phone so please give me a break lol (:]

Recap:

"Now don't worry, I'm working on tracking the number, this is our first lead."

NINA'S POV

I showedthem all the picture of Riley. Little did they know, I sent that to a friend and they re-sent it from an abandoned warehouse. This was located in a barren part of Arizona. We have the crime scene all set up and I left them, saying I was going back to the "station" to get the information.

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

Theobnoxious sound of the default Apple ringtone blared throughout my hotel room. It was midday/early evening yet I was still feeling the affects of jet lag so I was trying to catch up on my sleep. Key word trying. Before I broke my phone to shut it up, I checked the caller I.D

Incoming call: Niall Horan

This could not mean anything good. I gave them that number for emergencies only. Emergencies meaning anything drastic Riley does. Since they're calling, this means probably one thing. I swiped my thumb across the green bar and brought my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" It came out more as a question since I didn't want to hear the reason behind this call.

"Nina? It's Niall. We have some, er, bad news. Riley tried to escape. She's being a little bitch but she isn't weak all of a sudden. She is actually fighting back. She's strong Nina, it is fairly late and ever since we got home, we all get extremely tired at the same time. Sadly, that time is gonna come soon and we won't be able to hold her."

I took a deep breath and considered my options. I fly back there or I stay here and keep the case as far away from England as possible. After contemplating my decision, I answered Niall.

"I'm flying back. I'm getting first flight using Uncle Simon's boarding pass. I'll be there as soon as I can. Hold her off as long as you can but don't kill her okay? Don't. Kill. Her."

Those last three words sounded a little more threatening than I intended but I think he got the point because I heard a beep and the call disconnected. Scrambling around, I packed my belongings and checked out of the hotel. I flagged down a taxi and soon, I was off to the airport.

RILEY'S POV

I regretted the words I just said. I regretted it even more when I heard the phone dial a phone number. Nina answered and I heard Niall explaining everything and I heard her responses because they were on speaker. Everything was really muffled as I thought. I couldn't believe I said that. I came back into reality when I heard a few phrases

"I'm flying back. I'm getting the first flight..." I froze and tried to keep listening. I almost fainted as I heard what came last, "Don't. Kill. Her."

Niall disconnected the call and was about to say something but his eyes closed and he fell to the floor. I guess whatever they're on makes them EXTREMELY fatigued. But how would I know? They're semi sweet guys and they wouldn't be on drugs. I have no clue what Nina did to them. As I knew this was my only chance, I got up and headed to where I was planning on going. The treehouse.

I hauled myself up and grabbed my bag -not before checking for the 22-caliber pistol tucked into my shoe was still there- before quietly opening the back slider and running. Running wasn't the best option but I have no clue when those boys may wake up or Nina will come back so I had to make it.

I reached the rope ladder concealed by the trees and took a deep breath before gripped the fat yellow rope in my hands. Every step I thought the block of wood was going to crack as I'm assuming this treehouse was built by someone. Slowly I reached the top and rolled into the wooden box. It wasn't a small tree house, it was quite spaced actually. There was a power outlet, don't ask me how it's there, a little mattress with a sleeping bag and pillow, and a few other little things. I laid out the food I took along with the extra ammo and knife in front of me.

I only knew how to use a gun and throw a knife because my brother fought in war. Yes, I had a brother. Well step brother. He was my best friend when I was little. There was an age gap, I didn't mind, between us since my mom married his dad when my brother, Alex, was in 7th. I was in 3rd grade at the time. In the beginning of his senior year, he went off to boot camp to become a member of the U.S. Army. He was then shipped of to the Middle East and he died in combat. I got his dog tags and i always wore them. They gave my luck. Anyway, he had taught me how to shoot and fight.

I fractioned my food supply since I had no clue how long I'd stay up here. For now, I plugged in my phone so I'd have track of the time, put on a jacket, loaded the gun, and fell asleep with it next to my pillow. You can never be too prepared.

For the first time since I was taken here, I fell into a deep and peaceful slumber. Sadly, it didn't last very long.

________________________

HI SO I AM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT FOR AN UPDATE. BUT THANK YOU FOR 200 READS!!

IF YOU GUYS LIVE IN AMERICA LIKE I DO AND DID NOT SEE THE BOYS PREFORM WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO ON THE X FACTOR, IT IS ATTACHED. IT MAY NOT WORK BUT JUST HIT WATCH ON YOUTUBE :)

PLEASE VOTE, SHARE, COMMENT! LOVE YOU ALL XOXO

TWITTER: @/nintendotommo_