Chapter 21 - Through It All

Michelle's POV:
"Emily!? Emily!?" I shout throughout the studio, looking for her. I even tried the juice bar, but she wasn't there.
Then I remembered the studio we were currently looking to rent out. Studio 1.
I see Emily sitting on the floor, back against the wall, head tucked into her knees.
"Em..." I say, sitting down beside her. "I know this doesn't mean anything to you right now but I'm not buying the studio with Steph and she can't afford it on her own. She's gone, Em, and she won't bother us again, I'll make sure of it."
"There is no us, Michelle." Emily says, looking to me. Her eyes were red and puffy... she had been crying a lot.
"Em... I'm so sorry for what I did. I regretted it before I even did it and-" I say.
"But you still went through with it, Michelle. I don't know how you could do that. I mean... I know I'm not the greatest person in the world but you can't play with people's emotions like that... especially for so long." She says, holding back more tears.
"I know... and you'll never know how sorry I am." I say.
"Michelle you're apology means nothing to me. It's just that... I'm such a fool. I mean, the way you kissed me, spoke to me... even the way you looked at me... I really thought you were in love with me again." She tucks her head back into her knees.
"Emily..." I place my hand on hers. "I never stopped loving you."
She looks at me, this time with a different look in her eye.
"I'll never stop loving you." I tell her.
She just looks at me for a moment before pressing her lips onto mine.
"Em... I know it's gonna take some time to forgive me but-" I begin.
"No." Emily cuts me off. "I forgive you and I love you so much."
"I love you too. And... I wanna be with you for the rest of my life." I take a deep breath and grab Emily's hand gently. "Emily Beaton... you were my first and only love. I can't imagine not being with you so... will you marry me?"
Emily looks at me in shock for a moment.
"Em... say something... please."