Chapter 22 - Now And Forever

*6 Months Later*
Emily's POV:
"I can't believe my big sister is getting married!" Riley jumps around the room. She could possibly be more excited than me, if that's even possible.
"I know! I'm still in shock myself, Ri." I smile.
She gives me a hug when suddenly there's a knock on the door.
"Come in!" Riley shouts.
My dad peeks his head through the door. "Are you ready?"
I nod and stand up.
My dad sheds a tear. "My little girl... all grown up."
"Dad! You promised me no tears!" I laugh.
"I know, I know, I just can't help it." He wipes away his tears.
"I love you guys so much." I say.
"We love you too Em." Riley says.
My dad claps then rubs his hands together. "Okay let's get going."
My dad takes my arm and walks me out of the door where Michelle is waiting.
"Thank you, Mr Beaton, for walking me down the aisle." Michelle smiles.
"It's no problem, Michelle. If your dad can't be here then I'lll happily step in as I'm your soon-to-be father in-law." My dad says to Michelle.
"Who said I'm not here?" We hear a voice from behind us.
"Dad!" Michelle runs to him, hugging him as she approaches. "What are you doing here?"
"I couldn't miss my own daughter's wedding now, could I?" He smiles. "It was actually uh- Emily that called me. Even though I still don't agree with the whole 'you being into girls' thing but... I want you to be happy... and I can tell that Emily makes you happy."
"I love you, dad." She hugs him again.
"I love you too. Now, let's get this wedding started before I start crying." Michelle's dad says and we all laugh.
Michelle walks down first and once she's standing at the front, I begin to walk down.
I look around to see all of the old and new faces of A-Troupe. I'm so glad they could all make it.
Once I get to the front my dad whispers 'She's all yours' to Michelle, then sits down.
"We're all here today to witness the marriage of Emily and Michelle." The officiant begins.
Throughout the service he talks but most of the time I was too focused on Michelle to properly listen.
After a while it was time for the vows.
I clear my throat. "Michelle... I remember the first day you came to The Next Step. You were the prettiest girl I'd ever seen and to this day, that is still true. Over time we got closer and secretly started dating, having little sleepovers when your parents were out, only kissing when the team was away... I'm so glad you are ready to share us with the world. Our relationship has been... bumpy, to say the least, but in the end we always come out stronger... and I think that's what is so great about us. Our love is so strong that nothing can tear us apart. I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you, I really am the luckiest person in the world. I love you so much."
Michelle smiles at me.
"Now Michelle... please say your vows."
Michelle takes a deep breath and starts. "When I first came here I was really nervous, being the new kid is always hard... but you made me feel like I was where I was supposed to be, right from the start. I know you always tell people you don't like sweet, sappy things but I know that's not true because I've seen the real you. And when I finally saw the real you for the first time I knew you were the one for me. I knew you were my soulmate. Letting you go was the dumbest thing that I've ever done but when we found each other years later, it pretty much proved we were meant to be together. I wouldn't wanna spend the rest of my life with anyone but you. I love you so so much."
I smile and mouth 'I love you the most.'
"Now for the exchanging of the rings."
Riley hands me the ring I have for Michelle and Thalia does the same for her.
"Emily repeat after me 'I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you'." The officiant tells me.
"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you." I say.
Michelle then does the same.
"Michelle... do you take Emily to be your wife?" The officiant asks.
"I do." She smiles at me.
"Emily... do you-"
"Yes, I do!" I say cutting him off.
Everyone laughs at my impatience and I turn red, feeling embarrassed.
"Alright then, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may-"
The officiant stops as I had already pulled Michelle in to kiss her.
"Yeah... just keep doing what you're doing." The officiant says.
As I feel my lips touch Michelle's it's like it is just us in that moment. I forget about everyone... it's just me and Michelle, the love of my life. If someone had told sixteen year old me that true love was real I would've laughed in your face and told you how stupid and delusional you were, yet here I am now, standing in front of the only person I'll ever truly love. This is my world... and she is my girl.