o n e

she's out of her improbable world now.

"oh dear, you're back!" the old woman, or better known as the head maid of jeon jungkook's mansion, greeted da-eun.

her name is ms. choi, and she practically raised jungkook.

"ms. choi has been a widow since her late thirties. she's around fifty eight years old now. she took care of jungkook since he was born.

he's closer to ms. choi than his own mother. they talk more frequently; he pours out everything and asks advice from her all the time. reasonably, she's like his second mother."

"you look well rested. was the business trip successful?" ms. choi started asking nonstop, curious to what happened during the girl's absence, as she replied with short answers in response.

she can't blame her though, hee-jin and ms. choi started being close since they first met. hee- jin disappearing in the mansion for almost two months after all, was quite a lot of misses for the head maid.

hee-jin wasn't as close to ms. choi as jungkook is, although both of them were very comfortable with each other since the first encounter.

ms. choi was obviously fond with the girl as she was a like-able and well-mannered person. meanwhile, hee-jin loves ms. choi's mother-like caring personality.

ms. choi is well aware that the relationship between the couple was fraud. but ever since they got married and lived together in one house, she never gave up on trying to make the two to at least get along each other and argue less.

as impossible as it sounds, she wanted them to bond more and get close.

four months ago, song hee-jin and jeon jungkook were forced into a marriage by their parents.

all of this started because of mr. song's, da-eun and hee-jin's father, forced retirement more than a year ago.

he decided to pass on his position to his wife, song chan-mi.

their mother's leadership didn't steadily  flourish even just for six months. and before everyone knew, song company was starting to fall.

instead of declaring official bankruptcy, ms. song secretly pleaded to the jeon's for help.

jeon company was stably the second most successful and powerful company in south korea, eighth in asia, and thirtieth around the world for decades. they could easily help the song company if they want too.

mr. jeon, a relatively close friend of mr. song, although hesitant, suggested a powerful agreement in order to help the song's, arrange marriage, thinking it's not a big deal at all.

after days of thinking and weeks of insisting his only son, jeon jungkook, who happened to just come back from florida after years of studying college there, to marry the only daughter of the song's, song hee-jin, who was around the same age as jungkook.

as to their expectation, the agreement was done for purely business. the marriage was a rush as well as a surprise to the whole world. the two successors were just too powerless to disagree to their parents who were determined.

however, it was stated in the contract that as the song company's stocks will start to increase once again, and the jeon company will gain the agreed benefits, the marriage between the two successors will end, as neither of the parties sincerely wanted marriage.

ever since the marriage, both hee-jin and jungkook got busier than before.

after four months since the wedding, hee-jin had to fly to paris for a business trip, and was expected to return after a month or two, which her husband, jungkook, didn't seem to even care.

it's even possible that he's unaware of the said trip as he doesn't even feel the girl's presence in the house most of time, or he's just too busy too care.

nonetheless, they don't talk too much. they seldom share a proper conversation, so why would they bother to contact each other?

being informed with each other's personal whereabouts were just too much to handle for them both besides the undesired marriage.

"jungkook is still at work dear, but he'll be back home after one hour or so," ms. choi said while heading to the kitchen to start cooking dinner.

"yoo-ri! haneul!" ms. choi stopped walking around as she yelled two familiar names.

in a clash of thunder, two women who looked like they were in their early twenties, hurriedly ran towards her panting and sweating afterwards.

"is the mansion that big?" da-eun then thought.

"yes ms. choi?" a petite and short brunette girl with small black eyes asked, catching her breath, yet she was still plastering a big smile in her face.

"yoo-ri is around nineteen years old. she's a college student who started working for jungkook last two years to pay for her tuition fees. she's the shorter one; the jolly and energetic type.

she only works for three to four days a week, and it usually depends on her school schedule. she's more of a part timer."

"oh, welcome back ms. hee-jin," the slightly taller and auburn girl with almond eyes bowed as soon as she saw the presence of da-eun in front of them, which yoo-ri followed immediately.

"haneul is around twenty four years old. she's a single mom to a five year old son. to her worse luck, her boyfriend left her after finding out that the teenager's pregnant.

she's quite the stern type, but it's just because of her tiredness. she's been working for the jeon family for almost five years now."

da-eun was too rapt that she was unable to say something so she bowed with them in response, which she found herself dumb right after.

"hee-jin isn't close with neither of the two maids. she would talk to them if needed, or greet them back, but she'll go to her room afterwards right away."

without any further interaction, she rushed upstairs with awkward steps after managing to give an excuse like her sister would normally do.

"the rooms are upstairs. hee-jin and jungkook would never share a room, so your sister decided to sleep in the guess bedroom.

the two of them are totally incompatible. they argue with the smallest things when they're left alone. it's like they're enemies when no one's around."

da-eun was trying to recall every single thing ms. jang, her sister's secretary, told her during her training period.

and just like how beach waves sweep off white sand in the shore, her anxiety of failing the act came back once again.

as she was rushing to the second floor, an unwanted stupid thought approached her mind.

"unfortunately, when mrs. jeon visits you two, you'll have to sleep in his bedroom on the same bed."

💜