f o u r

why is everything so familiar?

da-eun paused to see the caller's i.d.

it was jeon jungkook.

she was about to answer back, asking why, when the call ended quickly.

"who was that?" ms. jang asked worriedly after hearing the loud ringtone and seeing the creased forehead of da-eun who seemed to be in deep confusion.

"it was jungkook," da-eun shortly answered still bewildered.

"what did he say?" ms. jang asked, this time, placing iced latte on the desk instead of black coffee or any hot beverage.

"he told me he'll fetch me at seven pm sharp," da-eun said looking at ms. jang.

"oh, he normally does that. seven pm is your off," ms. jang replied.

"but he told me to dress up nicely," da-eun mumbled which ms. jang heard loud and clear.

"that's weird," ms. jang's forehead also started to wrinkle.

"both of them never go to dates unless it's an order or for show off purposes,"

"let me see," the secretary then opened and scrolled through her ipad and looked for jungkook's schedule which she had access to for some reasons.

jungkook's secretary, ms. lee, also has an access with hee-jin's schedule.

both ms. jang and ms. lee are also close childhood friends who always communicate and hang out.

"ohhh, he has a private family dinner scheduled tonight," ms. jang announced looking back at the da-eun who was waiting for an answer.

"and that— obviously includes you," ms. jang said, smiling and unbothered at all.

"i'll have a dress delivered here. should i pick for you?" ms. jang asked.

"yes please," da-eun said still taken aback.

as ms. jang was about to leave her office parameters, da-eun stopped her by calling her name.

"ms. jang?"

"hmm?"

"what is his parents like?" da-eun asked, finally breaking the short silence.

"both of his parents are highly professionals and often, they can really look intimidating as they're big business people,"

"but you shouldn't worry about a thing you know. both of them are fond of you. i mean, your sister,"

"his mother is a lovely one and his father is the strict yet joker type," ms. jang then ended her brief description, smiling to the attentive girl.

"thank you," da-eun shouted as ms. jang walked outwards her office after some time.

da-eun stood outside, in front of the main entrance of the building, and to be exact, trembling and shaking of how cold it was outside. snow is almost starting, therefore nights are longer and colder.

she walked around the facade of the tall modern structure, blowing and clasping her hands for warmth after checking the time in her wrist watch, noting it was exactly, six fifty nine pm.