s e v e n t e e n

remind me we're not close.

jungkook who looked bothered with the girl's choice of word looked defeated.

he doesn't know what happened before, but he knows now— right?

the girl already narrated everything that night. and yes, that was a bit traumatic, but why does she sound so angry?

no, she looks guilty yet she looks upset too.

jungkook shrug off everything he was thinking, and smiled sightly instead, realizing something.

"you're finally the hee-jin i know," jungkook mumbled to himself upon seeing how cheeky the girl responded to him as if it was his fault.

da-eun woke up earlier than usual to attempt making a full breakfast.

her menu consists of cinnamon roll pancakes, accompanied by crunchy bacon and sunny side up eggs, coffee, and tons of fruits.

it was momentarily her best, and to her best luck, jungkook decided to give it a try.

despite feeling hesitant, jungkook tried his best to swallow, not realizing he was chewing after a few bites, savoring the breakfast that unexpectedly tastes good.

in return, jungkook fetch her to work.

no, that wasn't a return. it was his responsibility that he chose to neglect in the past few weeks.

if he wants mrs. choi and the others to comeback sooner, he has to do something.

he has to show his mother that they're capable of getting along each other well.

it's not like he couldn't survive without the maids, he was just simply used to their presence.

he felt at ease and at home whenever they were around. they surely helped him a lot in his adjusting period when he came back in south korea.

jungkook sighed before he spoke to the girl beside him while focusing his gaze at the road.

"hee-jin, what do you think of a magazine?"

"what do you mean?" da-eun quickly responded.

"like a photo shoot, i was thinking of letting the whole world know about our marriage," jungkook responded, slightly blushing at his embarrassing idea.

"i thought the whole world knows about it already," da-eun said upon remembering the articles and the news about her sister's marriage.

"yeah, but ever since the marriage, the public never saw us in pictures together," jungkook tried to explained even though it mostly didn't make any sense.

"some even tried to create theories and fake news about the hidden meaning of this marriage,"

"they don't believe in the fact that this was entirely business,"

"really?" da-eun asked to herself.

"they never dated even once in the public? what is jungkook up to?"

"okay then," da-eun remarked as though she was left without any choice, not forgetting the word business labelled in their marriage.