t h r e e

her types of lies are denial and fabrication.

"uhhh—"

"it was lemon and chili chicken linguine mrs. choi. i'm sorry— i must have been drowsy when i said that to you that time," da-eun apologetically said still looking at the dish in front of her, but at ease this time.

"ohhh— no worries dear," mrs. choi gently exclaimed, and instead of slightly feeling offended, she felt sorry rather.

as mrs. choi was about to grab the plate in front of the girl, jungkook's hands was faster to grab it instead.

he started to twist a chunk of pasta using his fork, as well as shot daggers with his big doe eyes to the girl in his left.

the girl has been eyeing her plate for minutes, only to complain what's in it, of course jungkook didn't find it as a pleasing attitude. it was ungrateful for her to do that.

jungkook has been used to eat whatever what's in his plate since he was young, so it was unbearable for him to act like how hee-jin does.

that's why they never get along, because he always gets irritated.

"jung—" mrs. choi, slightly taken a back by the irritated boy, tried to stop him but was stopped too early.

"no, it's my fault mrs. choi. i'm sorry," da-eun then lowered her head slightly, and continued to speak.

"the thing is— i'm allergic with prawns," da-eun said a bit embarrassed since she can't hold the attitude of being sassy, like her sister, who wouldn't mind to say anything even if it hurts others.

"that's strange, she always ate prawns before," jungkook thought to himself, while chewing his food, and taking back his bad thoughts about her.

"oh, it's fine dear. do you want me to cook you something really fast?" mrs. choi asked.

mrs. choi couldn't argue less as she didn't remember exactly about hee-jin saying she likes prawns anyways.

"no, it's okay. there's a lot of food— thank you," da-eun said, smiling to the old lady and started eating.

"she hates avocados. why is she eating that?" jungkook thought to himself again, observing the girl to his left secretly.

"don't you think mrs. jeon is weird?"

"yah! don't call her that! you know she hates that title," haneul responded to yoori in a shouting tone, looking around to make sure the unwanted person wasn't present.

"oops, my bad— but don't you think the same? first, she said she was allergic to prawns. then, she ate avocados! we both know how she hates avocados," yoori point out in a high pitched voice.

"i do, she even bowed to us when we greeted her. she never did that— not even once,"

"i also heard her screaming so loud a while ago when i was cleaning at the third floor. apparently, ms. choi said she spotted them sleeping in one bed," haneul added.

"i thought i was dreaming. she really is getting nicer?" yoori said while washing the dishes in the kitchen.

"or maybe— they finally fell in love with each other!" yoori exclaimed in a high pitched voice, slightly screaming everything out.