A New Family

Spike age:5
Spike POV:
"I am your father." The man said. Making me think I miss hearing from him.
"Say that again," I said, hoping I didn't miss hearing him.
"I am your father." The man said again.
"Prove it. You're not tricking me," I said, trying not to be harsh, but I don't want it to be tricked.

"I swear to you I am not tricking you; I am your father. My Name is Adam Fenix, and this is my wife, Elian Fenix." The man said, gently sitting down beside the bed with his wife beside me. He tried to touch me. But I scooted away As much as possible.

Making him flinch a bit. And I saw Elian put a hand on the man's shoulder. Who claimed to be my father.

"Well, what should we call you," Elian asked, trying to change the subject.

"Don't know my name. I just call myself Spike," I said quickly.

"Do you have any dreams Spike," Elian asked gently.

"Uh, don't know, maybe join the people with big armor. I always like seeing them, and they look cool. But the adults say I will have to wait until I am older." I said, remembering them in a parade in the streets once or twice.

I notice Elian giggle gently, and I saw Adam smirk just a little.

"You want to be a Gear," Adam said with a slight smirk.

"A what? Is a Gear like a tool." I said, remembering something being called that on my toy when I was little.

"That is kinda true, but a Gear is also a soldier for our government," Adam explained.

"Guess what, Spike, Adam is a Gear," Elian said, pulling out a picture and showing me. Adam in a suit of Armor, standing with other soldiers of the same type smiling.

"Cool," I said, taking the picture and looking at it. And what seemed a necklace on their necks.

"What's that a necklace," I mumbled. Adam moved next to me and took off his necklace.

"It's Cog Tags; all Gears have one," Adam said, putting his Cog tags in my hand.

"Cool," I said, looking at the metal necklace. It was a little heavy, so Adam or dad put a hand under mine. I didn't mind.

"What else do you like," Elian asked.
"Thrashball and Nature and dogs. I like to learn as well."I said, answering Elian's question making her nod her head.

"Mr.Fenix, can I Talk to you outside." A doctor said from the doorway.

"Yeah, sure, just give me a sec. Can you keep an eye on those," Dad said, pointing to the COG TAGS. And I nodded with a smile.

Adam Fenix POV:
I walked outside and saw a woman in a suit with a briefcase.

"I am Ashely. I work with social services. You must be Mr.Fenix. I have heard about the situation. Can you fill me in?" Ashely said, leading me in a waiting area.

I Filled her on what took us near the orphanage and what happened with Spike getting injured.
And I how I paid for his hospital treatment then ran a DNA test to see if I could find any long-distance family. And found out he was my son.

"So you had no idea you had a child," Ashely said.

"No, I just found out this morning," I said, and she nodded. And asked about my job in the army and what part of the year I stay and what is my wife's job and so forth.

"By what I can tell, everything is good so far. I just need to look at your home to see if it is safe for the child." Ashely said with a smile.

"When will be the earliest he can move in with me," I asked.

"The doctors want him for a couple of more days. And by that time, I will have all the paperwork done By then." Ashley said, easing my nerves.

Elian POV: Same time

"You think Dad is ok Elian." I heard Spike asked me, looking at the COG TAGs in his tiny hands

"Of course, Spike," I told him with a smile.
We sat there for a couple of seconds before he asked a question.

"Am I going to go back to the orphanage," Spike asked with a frown.

"Oh, no, honey, Your father is going to get you to live with us," I said, making him beam with pure happiness. It bought a smile to me.

"That's great... what would you be then to me," Spike said with a confused face.

"I will be your mom," I said, holding his hand squeezing it.

"Can you promise me something? Can You promise never to leave me?" He said, looking at me with his big blue eyes.

"I will never leave you, I promise," I said. The next thing I knew, he was hugging me.

"Please lay down with me." He asked me, and I nodded and laid beside him in the bed with him lying against my side.

Putting his head on my chest, and he went to sleep in a matter of minutes. A couple of minutes later, I did too.

Six months later, Fenix Estate.
Elian POV:
"Spike, where are you? I got dinnèr ready," I said loudly throughout the Estate. Spike has a lot to take in the last six months. He said the place was a castle, and he felt small when he first got here. He loved having a family, and I couldn't help but feel as much the boy has grown on me. He had greatly helped me around the estate when Adam had to go on another deployment. When we told him I was pregnant, he got worried we would leave him behind. But I told him I would always love him as much I would love his younger brother. When he was convinced, he said. "Don't worry, mom, and I will always protect him and be the best big brother ever to my dying breath. That's a promise." Spike proclaimed. With a face that will never back down. I couldn't tell if I so post be proud or sad that my 5-year-old son said that.

"I am right here, mom!" I heard Spike yell behind me. I turned around and saw him with some dirt on his clothes. Most likely from playing in the garden again.

"Roland Fenix, what did I tell you about playing in the garden," I said with a fake mean voice.

"To play with you," Spike said with a smile hugging me.

"I love you, Spike," I said.

"I love you too, Mom." He said, squeezing some more.

This was the beginning of Roland Spike Fenix

Please vote and comment. And Read "Gears of war OC male" done By fireslash97