No pressure

11 B.E.
Spike age:16 almost 17
Spike codename: Marauder
Spike rank: 2nd lieutenant
Katie Carmine (Civilian):17

Fort 97

For the past 5 hours, I have checked the base weapons and fortification. The base is on top of a large hill. It has two walls making two circles. There is an outer wall and an inner wall. The walls are made of the best steel. It would take a lot for the indie army to break through. The first wall has 16 towers, with each building having an anti-tank gun and has two chain guns. There are some anti-air missiles we have in 6 of the towers. The outer wall, if need be, can have over 2 thousand soldiers standing on the battlements, but we have 1100 soldiers altogether. And a tenth of that is wounded. The inner wall is slightly taller than the outer wall by a few feet. There are about two hundred feet between the walls. We have eight towers on the inner wall, each one having the same weapons but also has anti-missiles in each building. The gate is 3 yards thick of pure steel. And there is only one way in the base, and that is the gate. So that's good. You will have to crawl up a hundred feet hill to get to the walls. I found out there are mines and traps on the hill. So that will slow down the enemy. We have four heavy and a dozen light artillery pieces.

Their buildings are the HQ in the center of the base having two floors. And we have four barracks, one in each direction about 50 feet from the HQ. And we have a communication center attaching to the HQ, and we have the field hospital right beside the gate of the inner wall.

I found something interesting this place has 4 KR ravens and has six centaurs(tanks) and about a dozen or so APCs. But no pilots here for the choppers. I could teach some of them to operate the tanks.

I wondered where we're the captains or lieutenants To help command the 32nd Royal Tyran infantry regiment.
It would seem yesterday they were going over operations, but a bomb killed them in the room they were in.

The U.I.R. Won't have any choice but to take us out unless they want 1100 gears to attack their rear and harassed their supply lines.

I was currently trying to memorize all the names of the gears here. And also, I am trying to find a valuable sergeant to led platoons. And some of the more experienced ones help me led the companies.

"Lieutenant." I turned around and saw the same Sergeant from before who came to me outside.

"Yes, Sergeant...
I have yet to memorize his name.
"Sergeant Griggs, sir, we have Communication with high command in HQ, sir." He said, and then I motioned him to follow me. He was black(get mad at me their no such thing as African American on Gears of war).
He had his helmet on. I couldn't see his face, but he did have a card taped around his helmet. It seemed to be an ace of hearts.

"Sergeant Griggs, who is the most experienced soldier here in your regiment," I asked, dogging a truck moving barricades to the outer gate to slow down the enemy if they got in.

"That would be me, sir, and Sargent  Jackson as the second." He told me, and I nodded, walking into the Communications room.

"Lieutenant, we have high command on screen in a couple of seconds." I heard one of the techs say.

Suddenly, the screen turned on, showing the Chairman sitting in a room full of high command from the Air force, Navy, Army.

"Mr. Chairman," I said, saluting with others in the room.

"At ease, Lieutenant, can you tell me the situation on the ground? We want to hear sources that not from the news." He said, pointing out to the tv show me fighting the Indie army by myself. I couldn't tell if he was happy that I showed the might of the C.O.G. Or disappointed that I was caught on camera.