I am not a kid...not anymore

Spike age:11
Marcus age:6
16 B.E.
Fenix Estate:
Spike POV:

I was just getting out of the back of a car down the road from home.
I convinced the chairman to let me go by myself and explain my situation to my family, then say goodbye. He only gave me 6 hours.
I walked to the front door and knocked and waited. I notice the front yard seemed dead. No spirit. It was like its heart was gone.
I knocked again. And waited still no answer.

"Anyone there. It's me, Spike!" I yelled, then I started to hear multiple footsteps coming to me.

The front door swung open. I looked to see my mother. She looked like she hasn't been sleeping right or eating right. And I saw Marcus, who grew up a bit but seemed sad.

"Spike...your not my son." The front door slammed shut in my face.

Her words hurt me more than any blade could. (Please comment if you know where the quote is from.)

"No, wait, it's me. Your Son Spike. Marcus, it's me, your brother!" I yelled but only got silence, and I heard crying behind the door.

"Go away before I call the cops your not my brother your way too old." I heard Marcus yell in anger.

"Marcus just talks to me, please, anyone I can prove myself to." I still got no answer

No answer. I waited and just then sighed and looked towards my left and saw some garden tools. I just shrugged and started with a hedge trimmer.

1 hour later
"Finally got it done," I said with a smile. For the past 1 hour, I have caught signs of them watching through gaps of the windows. But I didn't say anything.

"Man gets out of here. My big brother will kick your butt." I heard Marcus going out the front door. Well, I am pretty sure I could kick my butt; that's true.

"Hey, watch it. I can prove myself to you. I know one thing you and I only know." I said, looking at my little brother.

"Yeah, right? I am calling the cops." Marcus said, walking back in but was stopped by what I said.

"When will this war end. This war is a pointless brother killing brother. And for what for a new fuel that has plenty for everyone to have. I will send all the fighting and make peace. If it's the last thing, I do that's a promise." I stated.
Marcus thought I didn't notice him that day, but I knew he was there. I just never told him.

He turned around and slowly and Looked me up and down before slowly walking to me, and then it turned into a full-on sprint and tackled me. He would have bounced off, but I caught him before he could fall.

"How is that you, big brother your so big. And when did you have that strain of blonde hair."
He asked me. What was I so post to say? Hey, we go different moms.

"I hit my growth spurt early and the blonde strain. I think I got it from my mom, " I told Marcus. It would seem he know about Elian not being my biological mother based on his reaction.

"So what have you been doing while I been at school? You have been good," I said, picking him up on my shoulder. He is small, or I am big, or both.

"I have been good. It's been so boring without you, but I have been looking for friends. It's hard without you." He said, and I nodded, walking into the house closing the door.

"Marcus, why are you with that man? I have already called your father to take care of him." Mom said from the second floor down to me.
I was about to reply when I heard something right behind me.
I quickly turned around and grabbed a man's arm and twisting it a little, making the man go towards his knees.

"Man, the Chairman wasn't kidding. Something did happen to you." I heard my dad's voice and let go.

"Sorry, dad, I didn't me-

I was cut off by him hugging me and squeezing me.

"My God, you have grown." He said the last word long, looking me up and down.

"Dad, you believe it's me, your son Spike," I said hopefully.

"No matter how big you get, I will always recognize you," Dad said.

"Adam, what do you mean? How can he be Spike? He looks like a full-grown man!" Mom said, yelling.

"Elian, Trust me and come here," Dad told her, and she reluctantly came down the stairs.

"Son, close your eyes," Dad whispered to me.

I waited then for a second.

"Elian look in his eyes. Spike open them."

Elian Fenix POV:

When the man opened his eyes looking straight at me, they were big blue eyes. Eyes I knew too well. These were the eyes I made a promise to.

"Can you promise me something? Can You promise never to leave me?"

I remember those words from the five-year-old boy I accepted as my own. And I promised I would never leave him.

"I will never leave you, I promise, "

I didn't need to look anywhere else. This is my boy. My baby.
.
"Mom, I ca

I crushed him into a hug as tight as I could. He may be taller and more extensive, but he will always be my baby boy.

"You're my baby boy." I wiped a tear from my face. The last time I saw him, his body was going into a Seizure. And we had to make a deal with the government. If he ever healed, he will be the soldier the C.O.G. Desperately needs to win this war. I didn't think his body would come back like this.

4 hours later that night

Spike POV:
"Will I ever see you again, big brother," Marcus asked me while I put him in his bed.

"Yeah, it's just a while. But can you do me a favor?" I asked, and he nodded, holding my hand.

"Can you take of mom while I am gone? She gets lonely sometimes. You have to take care of her for me, ok." I asked and nodded, sleeping already making me smile.

"I will miss you, little brother."I kissed his forehead.

I walked downstairs and saw mom and dad waiting for me. We had a good time eating dinner and so forth.
I had to convince mom in subtle hints that I had to go leave no matter what. But based on the end of the conversation, she had to agree.
We did all this without Marcus finding out.

I hugged Mom and dad goodbye. Mom's hugs took twice as long. I had to convince her that I had to go.

I walk out the door with tears down my face.

I walked to the street and signaled the car to pick me up. When the car pulled up, the Driver asked a question that marks a chapter of my life.

"You ready, kid." The driver asked.

"I am not a kid... not anymore," I said, getting in the back of the car.

Spike Fenix Rank: Cadet
.