Stranded camp

VOTE COMMENT AND ENJOY!!!
Ephyra, Tyrus
14 A.E.
3RD POV:
It was almost nighttime. The platoon of Gears was moving into alleyways and trying to stay out of sight of the Locusts. Roland had to relieve Kim since he wasn't physically fit to be his second in command right now, so he had his brother take that role because of all the years of experience.

"Tanner, how's the chest?" Roland asked, looking behind him while walking.

"Good Colonel, I am just glad the bullet didn't go through the armor." He said to Roland, and he nodded.

"Anthony come here," Roland ordered. The young Carmine jogged forward to him."I need a favor." Roland said to him.

"What is it, sir," Anthony asked him.

"I need you to keep an eye on Gyules and make sure you let him know he's not alone and you got his back. " Roland grabs his shoulder."Dont let him do anything stupid, got it." Roland said, and he nodded. Moving back to where Gyules was.

They were low on ammo as it is. They couldn't get in careless fights as it is.

Roland looked to Baird and Cole and motioned to them. They looked at each other and walked to him.

"What is it, Marauder?" Cole said, addressing Roland's old Special ops name. With all his missions, he did lone wolf against the UIR.

"I wish I was there with you at Halvo Bay. I heard what your squad did," Roland said, not looking at them. They were shocked at this. The only ones that knew were the Onyx Guard.

"You know, sir," Baird asked. And Roland nodded with a smirk, then look back at them. The whole Platoon could hear this.

"You remember the kid that joined you just outside the museum," Roland said a little louder. The whole platoon was listening to this.

"Yeah...Shit, what was his name, Cole." Baird asked Cole. And the big man smiled.

"He called himself Spike. He looked about 14 years old. But he could seriously kick some ass!" Cole said, laughing.

"Spike!" Marcus yelled in shock.

"You know him?" Cole asked Marcus. Marcus looked at his older brother, who had a large smile.

"Yeah, I do! It's what Roland used to go by...the only other one who took that nickname was...are you fucking with me, Roland!" Marcus said, and Roland shook his head no.

"What is he talking about?" Baird asked, completely confused.

"My son Adam took that nickname. He was the civilian that joined your squad in Halvo Bay. And he was about 11 years old." Roland said to them. Making everyone with their jaws drop except for John, who was told about this before.

"He was there because he won a big reward in his school, and the reward was to see the Halvo Bay Military Academy. He was staying with one of his uncle's and aunt's there when E-day happened. He was greatly impressed with your skills and leadership. But he told me of all about Colonel Loomis 'leadership'. That caused 60 percent of the Onyx Guard to die in that one month than over the 14 years of war with the Locusts. It's the reason why he was demoted to Lieutenant after I lead an investigation of his actions. Of getting thousands of gears killed carelessly and not using the lightmass missile like he was ordered. And he's was ordered if he could take General Karn alive, then do it. But no, he had to have the glory of killing him. When your squad and my son defeated him, we could have learned many things, but Loomis had to have that glory. I believe your actions were good as they were, and you used the missile that would have fallen to enemy hands." Roland said with venom at Loomis's actions.