Mystery Baby

Jacinto City
Spike POV:

I was walking down a small lively neighborhood. Seeing families walk together to smile, not care in the world. I looked to my left and saw a playground full of kids playing around on swings, Slides, and small castles made of plastic. They looked happy.

"Major!"I turn around, and I saw Robert saluting me in the middle of the damn park.
Robert Griggs has a small black beard with short hair on his head. He had white skin. He was pretty big. He was about 6'1.

"Dammit, man, stop that shit." I gave him a bro-hug laughing.

"Where is he?" I whispered to him in his Ear. Then I brought a big smile out, pretending as nothing happened. Just in case we were being watched.

"Spike, you have to see my wife and Daughter at my house. Where is your family," he asked but also letting me know that the baby was at his house with a hint at the end. At the same time, we walked to his house. Towards everyone else, we looked like two old warmates talking about war stories.

"I have everyone else going to the hospital to see my newborn nephew. I told them I to get some paper signed from you while I was here," I told him as he nodded.

"What's his name," he asked with interest in my nephew.

"Clay Carmine," I told him, and he nodded.

"How is the Daughter? Does she remember you at all," I asked him? Before the siege, he was deployed to Fort 97 when his daughter was just one year old. So that makes her about four years old.

"Yeah, it's been hard trying to get her to remember me. But she loves me, and I love her. She is healthy, but Man, I missed so much of her life." He said, and I nodded and put my hand on his shoulder while we walked.

"Robert We fought for three years so our children could live and grow up in peace. Can you honestly say if we didn't fight, the COG wouldn't still be around?" I told him, and he nodded, understanding remembering the horrors of the fort we had to endure for the next generation.

"Daddy!" We turn to look at a little girl in the front yard with it fenced in. She had white skin and brownish hair, just like her dad.

"Hey, baby, you playing around," Robert asked her, and she nodded, then looked at me.

"What's your name mister," she asks, looking at me.

"Spike, what's your name," I ask the little girl in front of me.

"Lilly." She said, making me smile.

"That's a beautiful name, Lilly," I said to her.

"Lilly, lets them talk, ok, honey." I heard a female voice from the doorway, and it showed it be a dark skin woman with long black hair.

"Ok, mommy," Lilly said, running back to playing.
.
I walked to the doorway and introduced myself to her shaking her hand. Her name was Lizzy.

"Come, Robert told me on how you like to get straight to the point." She said to me, closing the door behind Robert and me.

"Where is he," I asked Lizzy.

"The baby was found in the snow near the hollow by a couple of hikers, and they brought him to us at the hospital in the middle of shift change. I quickly did a DNA match after getting him warm enough from the snow. But when I did, it showed a partial match to you...and I knew you couldn't be his father because of the siege you were in. I told Robert about it. And he told me to delete any records of the baby and bring him home immediately, and when I did, he told me of your hard past. And we contacted you immediately because of what we feared." She said. Why would anyone leave a baby to die like that?

We walked into the back room, and I saw a small bundle of a baby boy. He looked like he was just born based on how big he was. I picked him slowly, remembering what I did when Little Adam was a Baby. The baby had light blonde hair and had green eyes. Is he my brother, or is my nephew. Do I have another sibling, or is this another one of my mom's children?

I looked closely at the baby. The bone and physical structures could pass as me his looks just like little Adam did when he was a newborn. And his eye and hair color could pass as Katie's hair and eye color.

"Oh, the hikers found this. We didn't know what it meant. It could be a family heirloom," Lizzy said, walking to a cabinet then walking back to me with something in her hand. I could have sworn I seen this symbol before dad found me when I was a kid. Did it mean something?

Vote, Comment, and enjoy