• Chapter Two •

Bucky frowned as he watched Azar pack her belongings. Feeling his blue eyes on her, the brunette looked up at him and saw the deep frown on his face.

"Hey," She said with a soft smile as she made her way over to him, cupping his face. "I'll be back before you know it."

"I'm going to miss you, doll." He said, taking her hands in his, lacing their fingers together which causes Azar's smile to widen as her heart skipped a beat at the name he called her.

"I'm going to miss you too." She replied before pressing her lips against his, give him a soft kiss.

She bit her lip as she pulled away slowly, looking up into his blue eyes. "Go before I decide to keep you here." Bucky said with a smile tugging at his lips.

"And what would be so bad about that?" Azar smirked, winking at him as she grabbed her bag.

Arriving at the Avengers Compound, Azar dropped her bags

Arriving at the Avengers Compound, Azar dropped her bags. "I'm back, bitches!" She smirked at her team mates.

"Watch your language, Spitfire." Tony teased as he went to hug the brunette which caused Steve to shake his head.

"Are we really still doing this just because I said 'Language'?" The super soldier asked.

"With Tony and I, we're never letting you live it down, Gramps." Azar replied with a laugh as she went to hug her sister.

"So what's going on?" She asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

Just as she asked this, the Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, stepped out to stand in front of the team.

"Oh shit." The youngest twin muttered under her breath.

Secretary Ross stood at the head of the table that the Avengers were seated at

Secretary Ross stood at the head of the table that the Avengers were seated at. Turns out that he had summoned the Avengers for a meeting.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective." He said before he looked at the team of heroes seated before him. "The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'."

Azar leaned forward, staring at the Secretary of State." And what word would you use to describe us, Mr Secretary?" She asked, folding her arms.

Secretary Ross looked at the youngest twin. "How about 'dangerous'?" He replied causing Azar to purse her lips slightly. "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"

Ross walked up to the screen at the front of the table and activated it. He pulled up news footage of the Avengers and SHIELD matters. "New York." He began as footage of the battle against the Chitauri was shown.

Rhodey stared at the screen and turned his gaze away, looking at the table regretfully before turning to look at Natasha who sat beside him.

"Washington DC." Ross spoke again, pulling up footage of the Insight Helicarriers firing at each other and destroying Triskelion. The footage had then shifted to a carrier crashing into the Potomac and engulfing nearby citizens in a massive wave of water.

Sam dropped his gaze as Azar tensed up, Artemis sadly shifting her gaze between her sister and Steve.

"Sokovia." Footage was shown of terrified citizens, the city rising and a building crumbling while both Wanda and Tony stared at the screen.

"Lagos." Ross had the last piece of footage pull up, showing the burning building and paramedics moving a dead body. Wanda, who was still affected by what she had done, turned away from the screen.

Artemis frowned at the young girl before she intervened. "That's enough, Mr Secretary." She said softly, causing the Secretary of State to nod at his aide resulting in the images on screen to disappear.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." Ross said as he took a book from his aide and passed it to Wanda. "The Sokovia Accords."

Rhodey held his hand out to the young witch who then slid the thick book across the table to him. "Approved by 117 countries.. It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve said as he kept his gaze on the table. This caused the Secretary of State to stop next to him.

"Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross asked which caused the super soldier to look up at him, remaining silent.

"If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes.. You can bet there'd be consequences." Ross said as he walked back to the head of the table. "Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground."

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodey spoke as he looked at the Secretary of State.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords." Ross announced while Steve glanced behind him at Tony.

"Talk it over." The Secretary said before making his way to the door only to stop when Natasha spoke up. "And if we come to a decision you don't like?" The Widow asked.

"Then you retire." Ross replied causing Natasha to stifle her smile as he left.

Once the door closed, the team remained silent before Azar spoke up. "Uh, what the hell just happened?"