• Chapter Nineteen •

One week later

Azar and Steve stood beside each other, in a Wakandan medical facility, as they watched the doctors check Bucky's vitals.

"You sure about this?" Steve asked softly, causing the dark haired soldier to sigh heavily.

"I can't trust my own mind." He said with a small smile. "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing.. For everybody."

Azar dropped her gaze. Bucky had decided the day after her arrival that he'd go back under. The brunette, of course, protested against the idea but deep down she knew that he had to do this.

Everything HYDRA did to him was still there, what Zemo did and what anyone could do to him if they knew how to control him.

She knew that Bucky despised the thought of hurting more innocent people than he already had, especially her.

"Hey.." She looked up to see Bucky staring at her. "C'mere.." He motioned her over to him gently, that Brooklyn accent making itself present.

He took her hand into his, running his thumb gently over her knuckle. "You okay?" He asked softly.

"No." She answered, there was no use in lying to him.

"I don't want to you to do this, not after I just got you back.." Her voice cracked slightly. "I know it's selfish and I know that this is something that you have to do but.." She trailed off.

"Hey, hey.." He smiled at her softly. "I get it but this isn't going to be forever. I have this beautiful woman who will be waiting for me." He smiled as he watched a blush make its way across her cheeks.

"The girl I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with." He whispered.

Azar gasped softly as she stared at him. "What did you say?.." She asked softly as he stared her.

"Marry me, Azar.." He repeated, baby blue eyes staring into brown.

"I know it's not the ideal moment but I can't imagine a life without you in it. You give me reason to live and a world without you is a world I don't want to live in.." He said.

Azar could only stare at him as he looked at her nervously a smile etching its way onto her face.

"Yes." She said before she threw her arms around his neck, moving to stand between his legs. "Yes, a million times yes." She giggled, a relieved look washing over Bucky's face.

He leaned in, his lips meeting hers in a passionate kiss. Their first kiss as an engaged couple.

Pulling back slightly, he opened his eyes to look at her with a smile before kissing her hand and giving her his dog tags that she had returned to him. "It's no engagement ring but--"

"It's perfect." Azar cut him off, moving her long brown hair to the side and put his dog tags around her neck.

Bucky grinned at her before standing up. "Don't miss me too much." He teased with a playful wink.

The brunette rolled her eyes with a smile before pecking his lips gently. "Just don't be gone too long." She replied.

She took a step back, standing beside Steve as they both watched the doctors set Bucky up for cryo.

The glass screen slid closed, the newly engaged couple staring at each other for the last time for a few months before the icy cold mist filled up the pod.

Azar felt a tear slip as she whispered. "I love you, James."

It had been over an hour since Bucky had went back into cryo and all that Azar and Steve could do was stare out of the window

It had been over an hour since Bucky had went back into cryo and all that Azar and Steve could do was stare out of the window. They didn't even hear T'Challa make his way over until they saw him standing beside them.

Azar looked at the King, fresh tears welling up in her eyes. "Thank you for doing this." She said softly. "After everything--"

T'Challa shook his head, cutting her off. "Your fiancée and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace.." He trailed off.

"You know.." Steve began. "If they find out he's here.. They'll come for him." This only caused the King to smirk slightly.

"Let them try." He replied, the three heroes looking out of the window at the statue of a black panther.

" He replied, the three heroes looking out of the window at the statue of a black panther