• Chapter Eight •

Berlin, Germany.

Amidst a police convoy, drove a grey armed vehicle which held Bucky restrained in a prison pod that was being guarded by three heavily armed soldiers.

Behind the armed vehicle was a black SUV in which Sam, Artemis, Steve and T'Challa were in.

Sam kept his eyes trained on the Prince who sat up front. "So you like cats?" He asked.

"Sam." Steve scolded softly.

"What?" The para-rescue looked at the super soldier. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

Artemis shook her head slightly at her lover's friend while Steve turned his attention to T'Challa. "Your suit.. It's Vibranium?" He questioned.

T'Challa, who had stared blankly ahead, narrowed his eyes as he glanced sideways at the three heroes behind him.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations." The Prince began to explain. "A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of King."

"So I ask you.. As both warrior and King.." He turned his gaze to the blonde super soldier. "How long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Steve's face remained void of any emotion at T'Challa's question as the convoy began heading underground.

Standing alongside Sharon Carter and a diminutive, grey haired man, Azar felt her heart break as she watched Bucky's pod being carried away by a forklift

Feeling a gaze on him, Bucky glanced to the side and saw Azar staring at him with pained expression on her face.

Not being able to look his lover in the eye, thinking that he had deeply failed and disappointed her, the dark haired male turned his gaze away as quickly as he had looked.

Azar frowned deeply and felt as if her heart broke more. She knew that look of Bucky's all too well.

He thought he had disappointed her.

Her train of thought was broken as Steve spoke up, walking over to them with Artemis and Sam at his sides and T'Challa behind them. "What's gonna happen to him?"

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man replied before Sharon stepped in, introducing him to the heroes.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." The blonde woman said.

Steve arched an eyebrow. "What about a lawyer?" He asked which caused Ross to scoff.

"Lawyer. That's funny." He said.

"See their weapons are placed in lockup." He said to Sharon before looking at 3 heroes and T'Challa. "Oh, we'll write you a receipt." He added.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam warned, glaring at the back of a guard who carried his suit and wings.

As the group of 7 began leaving the bunker, both Steve and Azar glanced back at Bucky who stared straight at them.

Once their gazes met, the dark haired super soldier dropped his gaze and leaned his head back as the doors began sliding closed.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross said as he led the group over a covered sky walk.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa replied.

Azar quickly grabbed hold of her sister's hand and trailed behind them. "I thought we agreed that you'd let me handle this." She whispered.

"Have you met Steve?" Artemis replied just as soft. "You're lucky that I agreed to keep this hidden from him."

Azar sighed softly at her sister's response.

"But we kept him alive." The eldest twin added after their brief moment of silence, Azar frowning softly as she glanced at her.

She supposed she should be grateful that they kept Bucky safe from T'Challa's act of revenge.

The group was led into an office area in which they would be held.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha commented while she passed the group as they entered the room.

Upon the group's arrival, Tony looked at them as he spoke on the phone. "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences." He said as he slowly made his way over. "Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"'Consequences'?" Steve questioned with an arched eyebrow.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something." The billionaire playboy replied, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked.

"Technically, it's the government's property." Natasha said as she walked alongside Tony. "Wings, too." She added, throwing a brief smile in Sam's direction.

"That's cold." The para-rescue said, shaking his head as he stared at the red head.

"Warmer than jail." Azar replied, patting his shoulder as she walked past her sister and the two men, meeting up with Tony and Natasha.