• Chapter Nine •

"Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony said to Steve as he opened up a black presentation box to reveal two pens.

"FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most." The playboy added.

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." The blonde super soldier replied.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here." Azar began to tune out Tony and Steve's conversation as she turned her attention to one of the control room's screens which showed surveillance footage of Bucky being held in a secured chamber.

She watched as a guard connected a pipe to his prison pod, making the lights inside dim for a brief moment.

She didn't know how long she stood staring at the screen for but she was surprised to see Tony standing next to her watching the footage on screen with Steve nowhere to be found in the room.

An evaluator walked into the chamber and took a seat at the desk which faced Bucky's pod

An evaluator walked into the chamber and took a seat at the desk which faced Bucky's pod. "Hello, Mr. Barnes." The man greeted with a thick accent.

"I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit?" He asked but he was met with silence as a restrained Bucky stared blankly at him.

After taking a seat at the desk, the evaluator continued. "Your first name is James?"

 "Your first name is James?"

"The receipt for your gear." Azar said, handing Sam a slip as she walked into the office.

"'Bird costume'? Come on." Sam groaned which caused the younger Danvers twin to smirk slightly.

"I didn't write it." She replied.

She looked at the screen before she pressed a button which stopped the restriction of audio on Bucky's evaluation.

Frowning, she took a few steps closer, stopping behind her sister as she focused on the screen.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions." The evaluator said. "Do you know where you are, James?" Silence.