Mark

Ice cream date

Mark sat across from me awkwardly, hands writhing under the table. The ice cream place was practically empty, so I couldn't ignore the sound of his leg bouncing underneath the table in anxiousness. I placed my head on my chin and smiled at him, tucking back a braid. That seemed to make it worse, as he blushed and looked away from me.

"Here is your peanut butter.. and here is your pistachio," The waiter interrupted. He looked between Mark and I with a smile before stepping away.

"Funny how we both ordered nuts," I laughed at him.

Mark started snickering quietly. Then louder and louder and louder before he was in full blown cackle. I reached out to touch his arm and he stiffened. "Are you okay?" I asked him. His laughter was lowkey weirding me out.

"Ah yeah, I'm fine sorry.. It's just you said nuts." He looked down at himself with a smile.

"Nuts?"

"Eh.. It's nothing, nevermind," he quickly answered. His face had gone bright red, and I reached over to touch his hand. He hiccuped.

"Wow Mark, I didn't think your mind would be so dirty," I whispered, leaning forward and tilting my head. I was enjoying his shy and messy blushing. "Is this how you treat all the girls on a first date?"

Hiccup.

I was close enough to his face to kiss him. As he closed his eyes and held his breath, I quickly moved back and laughed to myself.

"Our ice cream is melting."