Winwin

Insecurities

Winwin knocked on the bathroom door as I took in my bare appearance in the mirror.
"Hurry up, baby, we'll be late to the dinner."

It didn't happen often, but the times I got insecure were bad. This was my first time since I began dating Winwin a few months ago( and I didn't want him to see me like this, not so soon anyways, and especially not on valentines day.

I gnawed on my bottom lip as I stared at my naked body in the mirror. I had gained some weight which had evenly spread and was obvious from my stomach's pouch. I couldn't wear the tight dress he had bought for me anymore - I didn't have enough guts to.

Winwin knocked on the door again softly and called out my name, "Y/n... What are you doing in there? The shower's not running anymore."

I sighed to myself and shut my eyes. I had to get out of my head and enjoy our first holiday together. I couldn't ruin it just because of my stupid insecurities.

There was a short silence before Winwin spoke up again.

"I'm coming in baby."

I quickly wrapped my towel around my body as he entered. I was still a bit shy with him sometimes, so I looked away, not wanting to let him see my watery eyes. Winwin took hesitant steps towards me before wrapping me in a warm hug. I felt my body tense for a moment, before I let out a breath and met his soft gaze.

"What's wrong? Is everything alright? Are you on your period?" he asked, stepping back and roaming his eyes over me.

The concern in his voice made me laugh a little, slightly lifting my mood. I was still shy, but I trusted him enough to tell him how I felt, and I could only hope this wouldn't ruin our planned date.

"I just feel... not so good right now," I started, and Winwin furrowed his eyebrows and frowned. "With my body.." I ended with a long breath.

Winwin's frown deepened and he engulfed me in a tight hug. I rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back soothingly. We let the silence speak for us for a moment before he finally found his words.

"You're beautiful."

I smiled into his shoulder suddenly feeling the sheepish from his words.

"As cliche as that sounds, you're gorgeous. I hate the fact that you feel less than or not enough when your body and soul is what made me fall for you. I cannot force you to love yourself,but I just need you to know that you are beautiful in any shape or form, to me and to others. Please know that, and please love the vessel you were blessed with," he whispered to me. His voice was soft and such oozed sincerity that my heart hurt.

I lifted my head from his shoulder and smiled at him. He pecked my lips and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist. "We can stay home today if you want," he suggested, cocking his head to the side.

"No, no, no! I feel.. better now. Let's go!" I replied with newfound confidence. I don't know what it was about him, but he always had a way of making me feel better about myself.

Winwin gave me a look as if to say are you sure, and I nodded my head and gave him a quick cheek kiss and pulling away from him. As I walked out of the bathroom, I felt Winwin slap my ass through the towel.

"Winnie, you've ruined the romantic mood!"

"Hehe, sorry."