three

coop's pov
3:15 pm ; HMS pogue aka, the boat

after we finished up eating, john b not talking once, i helped big john with the dishes. the plan was for big john to take wheezie home on ward's boat, while john b and i go have a horrible time on his boat. i protested multiple times on just driving the boat and wheezie back and going for a boat ride with john b another day, but he wouldn't budge.

"okay, you two kids have fun, i will take this one home, and tell ward where you are." big john said, finishing up the dishes.

i slightly looked over at john b and he had his face in his hands. the more we were pushed to go on this boat ride the more anxiety i had gotten.

it was obvious john b did not want me around and i didn't want to ruin anything.

—♡—

john b started his boat, deciding he wanted to drive after all. it was a, it was a boat. i mean it was nothing like ward's but it definitely got you around faster and it was well used.

i actually liked it. it was cozy, well used. there wasn't as much to it as the boats i have been on, but it was actually a pretty decent boat.

"i'm sorry for this." i stated as he drove us away from the chateau.

"don't, no talking." he muttered.

i clenched my jaw and sat back in my chair. i was getting tired of john b being a dick to me. i get that i lived where he maybe dreamed to live, but other wise i was no different from himself.

as we continued to drive, i watched the ripples in the water that the boat was making.

the water was something i loved. the color, the movement, the waves. everything about it was my favorite. it was such a gorgeous creation.

after about 6 or 7 minutes of silence and sitting there, the boat had slowed down, making the ripples disappear.

i looked over at john b who was looking at me. i felt my nerves grow as he just starred. his eyes pierced through me. he seemed like he was trying to start a fire inside me.

john b stood up from his chair, walking to the front of the boat and facing away from me. "i know my dad likes you," he started, facing the water. "and i know you know that i don't. but if this is gonna become a regular thing, for whatever reason, we need to make amends." he said, and i just nodded.

"how come you don't like me?" i asked. the words came out before i even realized.

"i don't like what you have, i don't like how easy you got it. you didn't have to do anything for what you have." you could hear the rage in his voice.

"but it's not mine john b. all i have is a bed and food." i starred at the back of his head, i felt furious.

"you are a kook, weather you think you're on vacation or not. what is in that house, is yours." he turned his body to face me.

"it's really not.-" he cut me off.

"just agree, it will make this easier." he huffed out air.

"i agree to disagree, i have a bed and food, that's all. you have no idea what happens in that house and yeah maybe it looks like sunshine and rainbows on the outside but on the inside i am trapped in that house in my own damn room. a room that isn't even my own. my own room is back with my dad." i stood up from my seat, now in front of him. i took a deep breath once i realized how close i was to him. i did not realized i would blow up over this.

john b looked shocked, almost scared.

"sorry, i just, i'm not who everyone thinks i am, yeah i look to be a kook, i live to be a kook, but i'm not. i never have been and i never will be." i finished.

"why'd you move here?" he asked suddenly, sitting back down.

"do you actually care or is this just conversation?" i sighed out.

"just answer."

"my dad was, is, an alcoholic. he drinks almost every day, every night, every hour. but rose moved, she left me alone to deal with him. it was okay at first, i mean the first year, it didn't really hit him that my mom had left, but last year, he was going through it. he started to hit me, he was always yelling. it was hard. so i moved here, and not that you care but just so you know, me and my parents were never rich, we lived in a small, run down home. so cut the kook shit with me. i'm fed up with that shit."

"why don't you call rose, mom?" john b seemed to lighten up a bit.

"you're so nosy." i rolled my eyes at his question.

"i'm making conversation."

"yeah, well let's talk about something else." i shrugged.

"fine."

after about an hour and a half of just talking non sense with john b, we finally decided that we would be civil with eachother. that definitely didn't mean any friend type shit, but being civil was okay with us.