11

And just like that Alaric and I were now in his office. We had been met with two warriors outside our room that listed off a few things to Alaric that needed to be done today. Eventually, we made it to his office, which if I might add was extremely nice. It had a huge mahogany desk with two couches on each wall with coffee tables in front of them and two chairs sat directly in front of Alaric's desk. In the spaces that were still free, there were bookshelves stacked high with binders and books in some spots.

When we walked into the room Alaric made sure I was comfortable on the couch and then went to his desk and pulled out a laptop. He walked back over to me and told me I could shop online and buy new clothes for myself.

"I don't need any new clothes, shouldn't my clothes and belongings from the Bright moon pack come later this week? I could just borrow some of Ashlyn's clothes until then." Alaric sat behind the large desk and gave me a pointed look.

"Unfortunately your clothes and belongings will not be arriving this week." He said and looked back down and shuffled some papers around on his desk.

"What? What do you mean? I thought my mom would pack my stuff up-"

"That was the plan, yes, but I have recently been notified that Alpha Brixton had intervened. He won't allow your belongings to be shipped or picked up unless you retrieve them yourself." What? What was my dad doing? Was he holding my things hostage to try and get me to return to the Bright Moon pack?

"What? Why would my dad do that?" I asked as I set the computer Alaric had given me on the couch along with the card he had given me as well. I stood up and began to walk over to Alaric's desk.

"It seems your father wants to make sure you are, "alright." I flinched a little when Alaric said "alright" he said with such a bitter and angry tone. Alaric was mad or at least getting mad, that my father thought that I wouldn't be safe in the Obsidian Night pack.

"Well, then I'll just go pick it up-" before I could even finish my sentence, which by the way would have ended with me saying that I could pick it up with Alaric when he was free, my sentence was cut off by him.

"YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THE OBSIDIAN NIGHT PACK!" Alaric yelled as he stood up quickly from his desk and grabbed onto the edges of it. I heard the wood beneath his hands grown as it was almost about to break.

"A-Alaric it's just my home pack, we could go together-"

"No! You are not allowed to leave the Obsidian Night pack."

What was he talking about? I'm not allowed to leave? I can't even go and see my own family or pick up my own things from my room? This was crazy!

"If this is about last night I'm better today. I'm not in any kind of pain or anything." I said to him as I walked to him and around his desk.

"I promise I'm not lying. I really am better, you could even have the pack doctor check me out." I suggested. Which as it turned out made him even angrier.

"No! No one is to touch you!" I watched as Alaric's eyes changed from the dark green that I knew to a piercing yellow. His wolf was coming out. Without even realizing what I was doing I wrapped my arms around him.

"Alaric! Please calm down! It's just my dad being stupid my stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon we don't have to get it." I yelled to him, hoping that would break through to him. In no time at all the muscles in Alaric's arms relaxed and the growling that was coming from his throat stopped. I looked up at him and was met with a pair of dark green eyes looking back at me.

"Y-you okay?" I ask as I began to release my hold on him. Once Alaric noticed I was letting go of him he began to growl again and finally, to my relief, let go of the desk and pulled me into him.