42

Alaric's POV

There were so many, it had been years since the last time the Obsidian Night pack had this many rogues try to invade our borders. There were so many that we needed to fight off and there wasn't enough time. I needed to get back to the packhouse, I needed to see Clover. She had to be alright, Brett promised me she would be. 

We were all in our wolf forms clawing our way through the filthy rogues until Sander cried out and fell.

"What's wrong!?"  I mind linked him worried. Sander could hold his own he was the top warrior in the pack a low life rogue wouldn't take him down that easy.

"It's Ashlyn... they need help, I can feel her fear,"  I growled in rage, the whole thing was divergent! I couldn't leave the front lines though and neither could Sander. Although our pack was large the number of rogues was as well.

"DAMN IT! We can't leave here until these bastards are taken care of!" 

"Then let's hurry!"  Sander was right, we needed to hurry and get rid of them. There was no way we would be able to go back to the packhouse with a bunch of rogues following behind us. For now, I would just have to trust Brett to do his job.

~~~~~~~~

"Just a few more!"  I called out to the warriors, but then once again Sander cried out in pain, like a screeching howl.

"Sander, what is it?"

"It's Ashlyn! She's in pain right now! Physical pain, like someone, is digging their claws into her!!!"  Sander shook in anger as his eyes glowed a deep yellow, burning to return to his mate.

"Brett isn't answering his mind link, we need to go back!" 

"Alpha! We got the last of them go!"  I nodded to the warriors and then turned on my heels and began to run back to the packhouse with Sander by my side.

"What the hell do you think is going on at the packhouse!?" Sander yelled through the mind link.

"I have no idea, but I have a bad feeling," so many bad feelings right now. Most of them regrets. I regretted no marking Clover sooner and initiating her and Ashlyn into the pack! At least then we could be able to mindlink with them.

It took about 15 minutes for Sander and I to run from the northwest border back to the back house, just figures that it was the longest distance of all the sides of the territory. Once we returned Sander and I quickly shifted and busted down the doors to the packhouse.

"Where is she!" I yelled at Brett who stood beaten and bruised above two dead rogues.

"Alaric..." He began to say, but the look on his face said it all. He looked exhausted and confused not at all like he should if Clover was alright.

"I ask you a question Beta! Where is my mate!" I yelled more as I marched up to him in authority.

"Where is Ashlyn!!" I looked to the right of me as Sander stood by my side. Even though we had shifted back to our human form his fangs were still descended and eyes still glowing a furious yellow.

"They're not here-" Brett was cut off from an uppercut punch to the jaw from Sander. He fell to the floor in an instant but sat back up holding his jaw in his hand.

"They weren't taken though!" Brett screamed right before I laid my first punch on him.

"Explain yourself!" Brett nodded and got up off the floor.

"We were ambushed on our way to the bunker. Rogues came up the stairs and the girls escaped down to the first floor by themselves."

"Why didn't you go with them!"