Chapter 6

It was Monday morning, and Will, who's week-long vacation had just begun, took it as a day to relax.

His younger brother, 22 year old Zavier Meyers, would be visiting from Los Angeles, California.

Zavier had graduated from UCLA not too long ago. The whole family, including Pam, had went to his graduation ceremony. He was deciding whether he should eventually move back home, or if he should stay in California for a while. He just began working as an Automotive Engineer. He's two inches taller than Will, standing at a solid six-foot-five. The style of Zavier's hair was faded on the sides and back, with short twists on the top. He's just as charismatic as his brother. He also grew up around Isaac and loved him like a brother.

Zavier was visiting town, because Isaac's younger sister, Leslie, was having a sixteenth birthday party at Isaac's house on Saturday.

He decided to call Will.

Will answered his phone,
"Hello?"

"What's up, bro?"

"Nothing. What's up? You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm tryna call Isaac to tell him I'm leaving out right now and I should be there before tonight, but he ain't answering. If you talk to him, can you let him know?"

"Yeah, I'll let him know."

"Alright. I'm bringing my friend, Simone. I'm coming to see you after I see mom and dad, so your ass better have some food or something waiting for me."

"You know ma will have something for your greedy-ass to eat."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll see you in a few hours."

"Drive safe."

"Alright. Love you," Zavier said.

"Love you too," Will responded.

Call ended.

                                     *

After they visited his parents, Zavier and his friend, Simone, who he had met back in his first year of university, went to see Will and Pamela.

Zavier was dressed very comfortably, in a white t-shirt with the faces of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King printed on the front, and khaki shorts. He wore black and white converses on his feet.

His friend, chocolate brown Simone Gray, wore a blue, sleeveless buttoned-up shirt tucked into blue denim jeans.

They knocked on the door, and Pamela, who was in bed, wearing a black tank top and comfortable blue biker shorts, got out of bed to answer the door.

"Will, I think Zavier is here!" She spoke loudly, so Will could hear her, as he was in the bathroom, taking a shower.

She went downstairs and opened the door with a humble smile.

"Your favorite is back in town," Zavier said with a grin as he and Pamela tightly hugged each other.

"You know it," Pam responded.

She then shared a hug with Simone and told her, "It's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too," Simone responded.

"Will is in the shower. He should be down here soon," she told them as they all sat down on the couch. "Do y'all want anything? If you're hungry, you can eat whatever you want that's in there."

"Ma had cooked something. But I'll go grab some water, though. Thanks Pam," Zavier responded.

Pam turned on the television and handed the remote to Simone, who thanked her.