Chapter 14:2

Friday afternoon was sunny, dry, and hot. Pam wore a green tank, and denim shorts. She also wore a green bandana wrapped on her head like a scarf, with her hair showing in the back.

She stepped out of Lisa's house, and went on her way to the house where she used to call home.

She pulled into the driveway and rolled her eyes when she realized that Will's mother's car was parked out front.

"Why?" she whispered to herself.

She then dialed Will's cellphone. No answer. She dialed the telephone number, and his mother answered. Pam hung up immediately.

She then got out of the car, and unlocked the front door with her key. The scent of food filled her nostrils.

She looked around the living room, but didn't see any mail.

Will walked inside from the backyard, and walked into the living room. He and Pam just stood there, looking at each other.

"Where's the stuff?" she asked.

Will walked to the kitchen and grabbed the stack of letters from the counter. He walked back into the living room, and handed her the stack. She took it, and looked at him. Her eyes were traveling all over his body. She especially wanted to make sure there were no hickies on his skin. Will just stared at her.

Mrs. Meyers walked into the living room. She folded her arms and gave Pam a dirty stare.

Pam frowned and rolled her eyes.

"I hope you don't plan on coming back here, ever. You're not wanted. And you're surely not needed," Mrs. Meyers snapped.

"Well it seems like the only time you're needed is when I'm not around," Pam responded.

Will glared at Pam.

"You just make sure you stay away from my son, lil' girl," Mrs. Meyers scolded.

Will looked at his mother, and said, "Ma, that's enough. Chill."

Pam then said, "No, let her say what she has to say. At least she's bold enough to tell somebody off. Who woulda thought?"

Will looked at Pam, and said, "You can walk through that door, right now."

"I should whoop her rude-ass. That's what I need to do," Mrs. Meyers threatened.

"Save the whooping for Wilfred," Pam told her.

"Pamela, stop disrespecting my mother, and get out," Will said.

Pam then said, "Since you don't want me anymore, Will, I think there's some things I need to let off my chest." She then looked at his mother, and told her, "You have all that talk, but won't even protect yourself from that no-good man you call your husband. I'm not perfect, but I don't put your son through nothing like that. I made mistakes like everyone else. I love this man, but you know what, I don't even know why I'm explaining myself. If I'm not wanted, like you say, then I don't need to explain anything. Maybe it would be a great thing for me to get out of this damn family." She then looked at Will and said, "I should've never added your stupid last name. Go get with Arlene or Monica, or whichever one of those hoes. I shoulda never gotten with you. Maybe my father is right, and maybe I'm better off without you, since it's so easy for you to give up on me. You can forgive everybody else, except me. And you wanna talk about disrespecting your mother. How you think I feel when I saw my father's face bruised up from fighting with you? If you can disrespect my father, I can defend myself against your mother."

"Pamela, like I said, you can get the fuck outta here. Right now," Will told her.

Pam placed the letters on the sofa, and took her house keys off of her keychain. She then threw the keys at Will.