Chapter 7

Zavier and Simone were all packed up and prepared to travel back to LA. They had already visited his parents, friends, and other families and told them goodbye. Now, Will and Pam were hanging out with them and Isaac, and like almost always, Moniece was there. Pam was glad that Monica wasn't around. She thought Moniece was sweet. She liked her, but she couldn't stand Monica.

They all listened to music and made small talk.

Gang Starr's "Mass Appeal" played from the radio.

Zavier sat on the floor, between Simone's legs, as she sat on the couch twisting his hair. He was jamming to the music until Simone playfully stated, "Keep your narrow head still."

"Whatever," he smiled and kept his head in one position.

They all talked a while more, then Zavier and Simone decided to leave before it got too late. They hugged everyone, then headed for California.

After a while, Will and Pam said their goodbyes to Isaac and Moniece, then went home.

                                  ●

After a long day at work, Pamela took this evening to relax. She was laying in bed, looking at a fashion magazine. Her mind was haunting her. The usual. But it was something she would never get used to.

Will was in the living room. He had just finished talking to his bestfriend, Chadwick. He clicked through the television channels, stopping at MTV. The telephone rang again, so he got up and answered. It was his other bestfriend, Khalid.

"Yo, Will, sorry again that I didn't get to go to Leslie's party, but I heard you and 'ol boy was about to fade."

"How the hell you heard about that?"

"My girl's cousin, Sanaa was there. She recognized you and told her what went down. I been so busy with this case, I ain't even get to call and check on you, dawg. I just heard your message from last week. I ain't even checked in on my girl in a few days, I know she gon' be trippin'."

"Damn, how's the case coming?"

"I got the final court appearance on Friday. Everything will be decided then."

"I hope everything goes well, bro."

"Yeah, me too. How's Chadwick?"

"He's cool. As a matter of fact, he called and asked me if I wanted to hit up a club with him. I told him I'll think about it. I ain't really been on that party vibe lately."

"Oh really? Pam got you on lockdown, huh?" Khalid joked.

"Whatever, dawg."

"Hold up bro, someone's calling. Let me see who it is," Khalid said.

"Aight."

Will sat down in the sofa, then after a few minutes, Khalid called back.

"Hello?" Will answered.

"Yo, Stacy is fucking tripping man. Damn!" Khalid yelled.

Will wanted to laugh at how heated Khalid was. He rarely ever heard him curse in their fifteen years of friendship. That's how he knew he was really mad. So, he remained quiet to let him talk.

"Yo man, I'm through with her! I'm through with her rude-ass! I'm through with all of her bullshit!" Khalid was breathing heavily.

Will said, "Calm down bro. Don't get yourself all heated up. You already got enough on your plate. Calm down, and then call her back and talk to her."

"I'm sorry, bro. I didn't mean to be going off like that. But you got to understand man, this damn girl is a fucking trip. I try to give her a chance and the minute I get caught up with work and this other shit, she wanna talk all kinds of bullshit. You know what, let's go to the club, man. Call Chadwick and let's all go. I know what I'm about to do."