Chapter 7:4

Pamela left Lisa's, and headed back to her parents' house.

As soon as she pulled into her parents' driveway, Will pulled into Lisa's driveway.

He knocked on the door. Kendra opened it, then Lisa walked up behind her.

"Where is she?" he asked.

"She's not here, Will," Kendra said.

"Then where she at?"

"We don't know," Lisa stated.

Pam had forgot to tell them where she was staying. They had a feeling she was with her parents, but they weren't going to bring that up to Will. They felt they had to stay loyal to Pam.

"Why can't y'all just tell me where the fuck she at? I just wanna see her."

"Will, I don't appreciate you coming over here talking to us like this. Like I said, we don't know where she is. She didn't tell us. She'll reach out to you," Lisa stated.

"If you don't know where she is, then how did she get her purse?"

"She came for it."

"Without her license, huh?"

"Yes. Bye, Will." Lisa reached over and closed the door. Will watched the door close, then he went into his car and headed to Pamela's parents' house.

Lisa paged Pam, and Pam called her immediately.

"Pam, Will just came over here looking for you," Lisa said.

"What?"

"Yep."

"Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna go park my car in the garage, in case he comes over to where I'm at."

"Okay, later."

Pam then opened the garage and parked her car inside. She closed it, then went back inside of the house.

"Mom!" She called out.

Her mom walked out from the laundry room.

"Yes, hun?"

"If Will comes over, can you tell him I'm not here? I just parked my car in the garage so he won't see it. He just went by Lisa's house to see if I was there, so I have a feeling he's gonna come by."

"Okay, but are you sure you don't want to talk to him?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I have to go get my work clothes. I forgot to pack them. Can you drive me over there tomorrow? I'm not staying there. Not until he fixes the place up."

"Yeah, I'll take you."

"Thanks, Mommy."

They heard a car pull into the driveway. Pam ran over to the bedroom door. Her mom peeked through the window. "It's just your father," she said.

Pam sighed, relieved. She then sat on the couch. Her father came inside and greeted them. She told him also, that if Will came by, he should tell him she's not there. Mr. Winston loved the sound of that.

Almost an hour passed, and Pam began to feel sure that Will wasn't going to show up. Her and her parents were in the living room cracking up at an Eddie Murphy stand-up comedy. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Pamela felt like there was a knot in her stomach. She ran on the tip of her toes, into her old bedroom, and locked the door. She pressed an ear on the bedroom window, which allowed her to hear everything from outside. Her father opened the front door.

"Hello, William," he said.

Will responded, "Hi Mr. Winston. I need to speak to Pam." His voice was slightly raspy. Pam could feel his anger.

"Pam's not here," her father told him.

"Then where is she?"

"What did you do to my daughter?"

"Where is my girl at? Where the hell is my woman?" Will was aggravated.

"You're not going to come to my house and disrespect me, Will!"

"Ain't nobody disrespecting you. Just tell me where she is so I can talk to her."

"She is not here," Mr. Winston spoke sternly.

He and Will stared each other down. Pamela peeked through the window. Anger was written all over Will's face. His eyes were clearly red, and his shirt was wrinkled up badly. He had on the same t-shirt and khaki pants, and wore brown slides on his bare feet. She looked away and pressed her ear back on the window.

Mrs. Winston noticed the tension between her husband and Will, so she walked to the door.

"Will, honey, she is not here. I will call her and let her know you're looking for her. Have you tried calling her?"

Will still didn't believe them, but he tried to be calm. "I've been calling her all day, man. Where's my girl at, mom?"

"Will, I don't know," Mrs. Winston answered.

Mr. Winston began to rant, "Boy, you think you can come to my hou-"

Mrs. Winston spoke over him, "Calvin, stop. Calm down."

Will then said, "Nah, he got something he wanna say. Let him get it off his chest."

Pam rolled her eyes. She never wanted this moment to take place, her father and husband going at each other. Mr. Winston and Will stared at each other. Will stood four inches taller than him. He noticed that Mr. Winston's fists were balled. Will chuckled and shook his head. He would never fight Pam's father, unless he was hit first. "If y'all see Pam, tell her to call me, please," Will said. He then walked away and headed to Isaac's house. Pam then walked out of the bedroom and into the living room where her parents were. She sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry. I hope I'm not causing any problems."

"No, you're not. He's the problem," Mr. Winston said.

"I'm the reason why Will is upset, dad. I made him mad. Yeah, he got a bit reckless, but he has his reasons. I don't want you to hate him."

"Let's finish watching this show," Mr. Winston said.

She stared at the television, but all she could hear and feel were the negative voices in her head and the disturbing entrance of anxiety.

*
Will was sitting in Isaac's couch. They hadn't said a word to each other. Will dialed Pamela's number in his cellphone.

Her cellphone rang. She had heard it from the living room, but she refused to answer. She had a feeling it was Will.

A few minutes later, Will stood up and used Isaac's telephone to call.

It rang for a few seconds, then, Pam finally decided to walk into the bedroom and pick her cellphone up from the bed. She sat down, and answered.

"Hello?" Her voice was like music to Will's ears.

"Where you been at, Pam?"

"What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you. I need to see you," Will said.

"See me for what? So you can throw shit around and be all crazy? I don't want to talk to you and I don't want to see you. Bye."

"Hold on!" Will yelled, but Pam had already hung up.

"Fuck!" Will yelled.

Isaac looked at him. "Yo, calm down and get some sleep."

Will sat down and rubbed his face. He wanted to scream.

"I'll leave you alone, man. But get some sleep." Isaac walked into his bedroom and left Will alone with his thoughts. Will laid in the couch and shifted until he fell asleep.