19

- Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin featuring Lacey Sturm-

Mark's videos got more attention than he thought it would.

In barely a week, his videos had hit over one hundred thousand views and likes. People were fascinated with him and his story. While he uploaded his introduction video, he also uploaded Denise's birthday vlog. The vlog got even more views, despite Mark keeping her name unknown.

People were intrigued by their interaction with one another. He explicitly stated that they were friends, but it didn't stop people from shipping Mark with his unnamed road companion.

Mark didn't think anything of it until he started to get comments about how familiar Denise looked.

People were saying that she resembled an older version of a young model by the name Iris Washington.

At first, it didn't seem like a big deal. It's not uncommon for people to look like someone else. But then Mark remembered Denise mentioning her little sister's name was Iris.

From there, the assumptions got more in-depth and specific.

Since he was new to the Youtube world, Mark didn't realize how speculative people were.

They went from talking about an Iris Washington to a businessman philanthropist named Isaac Washington - Iris' father.

People in the comments started going on about how he had a daughter named Michelle, but she seemed to have just vanished.

Mark had been very respectful when it came to Denise's personal business. She didn't owe him anything, including details about her family.

At the same time, however, this situation seemed so much deeper than she treated it. Just like his fans, Mark couldn't help but do some digging himself.

Iris and Isaac Washington definitely existed. He even had a wife named Marissa Washington. Marissa was a model, as well as her daughter - Iris.

Mark took a chance and looked up Michelle Washington. The only thing he could find was an old article from years ago.

It was about a charity event hosted by Isaac. There was a picture of him with his wife and his two daughters. Iris was a baby, and Michelle was five-years-old. As young as she was, she looked exactly like Denise, only she had hair.

Mark tried to find more on Michelle, but like people had commented under his YouTube video, it was as if she never existed. Most of the photos of the family he could find were without Michelle.

Mark didn't know what to do with the information. If Michelle was Denise, he believed there was a reason she wasn't in contact with her family. The way she talked about her upbringing, he could only assume a fallout happened.

He was less surprised about the apparent family drama and more shocked that he had become friends with someone connected to famous and very wealthy people.

Denise didn't seem like the rich girl type, let alone famous.

Mark was in such a good place with Denise that he decided not to say anything. He figured she would tell him everything when she was ready.

They were in Hamannset, Connecticut. Mark had planned to make another video to thank his viewers while Denise was out on the beach.

Denise didn't know about the video. Mark assumed she wouldn't care since he didn't mention her name. After all, she didn't seem camera shy. He figured her problem was with having her business out there and being known to the world.