42

-Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper-

Laughs and screams filled Samantha's house as Violet, Oliver, and Noah tried to take down Mark.

Oliver, thirteen now, was on Mark's back, five-year-old Violet was swinging from his right arm, and eight-year-old Noah clung to his left leg.

The three of them, as usual, tried to take him down, though they always ended up getting slammed on the couch.

In the foyer, Denise was greeting Adeline, Samantha, and Audrey.

"Hey, how are you feeling, honey?" Audrey rubbed her back as they embraced.

"Much better," Denise held her hand as she pulled back.

"Ahh, you're starting to show!" Adeline gushed, touching her stomach.

Samantha reached out to do the same but got stopped when Valentino yelled, "stay away from the baby bump, Sammy!" from the kitchen.

"I wasn't!" Samantha lied, touching Denise's belly anyway. "My baby fever's been through the roof since you told the news," she sighed.

The four women pulled apart as Noah, Oliver, and Violet sped by, running away from Mark, who stops to greet the girls. The kids attacked before he could step one foot inside.

"Not to mention how cute are kids here," Samantha cheesed.

"Give it a minute. They'll be snitching on each other any minute now," Adeline was perfectly okay with being the only woman in the house: the Queen.

Mark hugs his sisters and then his mother.

"Violet's gotten scrappy," he keeps his arm around Audrey.

"Oliver's been teaching her his wrestling movies," said Samantha proudly. "I think she might be asking to trade her ballet shoes for a singlet, soon."

"Maybe she'll do both," said Audrey. She looks up at Mark, patting his chest. "You're in a good mood," she could tell. "He's got a glow to him, don't you think, girls?"

Samantha gasped, "Markie, are you pregnant too?"

"Funny," Mark said sarcastically. "I am in a good mood. How can I not be when I wake up to this every day?" he kissed a blushing Denise on the cheek. "Where's dad?"

"He and William are helping Val in the kitchen," answered Adeline.

"He made Baked Ziti for dinner," chimed in Samantha.

"And garlic bread," Denise had smelled the buttery carb goodness before they even got to the porch. Her mother was already watering.

"Dinner's ready!" yelled Val.

"Right on time," Audrey patted Mark's chest. "Let's eat!"

"You guys go," said Samantha. "I'll go get Ryleigh."

"Ooo, I'll get here," Denise was excited to see her.

"Go for it. She's in her room," Adeline followed her siblings and mother to the dining room while Denise went upstairs.

She knocks on Ryleigh's bedroom door and finds the teenager lying on her bed with earphones in and her thumb scrolling down Instagram.

If it weren't for Rex excitedly getting up to greet Denise, Ryleigh wouldn't have noticed she was there.

"You're here, finally!" she shot up from her bed, hugging Denise tightly. When she felt the baby bump, she took a step back, pulling her earphones out. "Oh my god, I'm sorry."