27

-Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay featuring Beyonce-

Denise took in the beautiful view of the Teton Mountain Range. Mark's introversion tended to rub off on her every now and again. She had found respect and appreciation for solitude, especially when they decided to explore rural towns.

The two had just crossed the state line into Jackson, Wyoming, and were parked at the Welcome Center so Rex could use the bathroom.

They'd be staying at a dude ranch. Neither of them had ever ridden a horse before, so they were excited. Unlike Mark, Denise hadn't been fishing before either, so she was looking forward to trying that too.

On top of their adventure, they would celebrate their official year of traveling on the road together.

Waiting in the van, Mark sat in the driver's seat writing in his journal.

He had been smoking cigarettes way longer than Denise, so his withdrawal was much worse than hers. To keep his mind off what felt like an itch that he couldn't seem to scratch, he starting writing.

It proved to be therapeutic and enjoyable for him.

Taking a moment to think, he looks in the rearview mirror at Denise. How much he loved her was an understatement.

He often found himself in awe how much she'd grown.

Denise was still the same strongwilled woman that he met at that bar. But there was a soft, vulnerable side to her that she didn't feel the need to hide anymore.

There was now a reserved aspect to her still out-going and outspoken personality. She was still in your face, but not in an intimidating way.

Denise was toned down but still comfortably authentic about who she was. It's what drew and connected her to fans, especially women who always felt like they were too much. Whether it was because their parents told them that or others.

Denise's big personality, strong opinions, and directness turned certain people off and made it so some preferred Mark, who was more chill and laidback.

But Denise was so confident and secure in herself that it didn't bother her. She knew that she wasn't for everybody, accepted it but didn't dim her light in the process.

Mark loved her big personality and outgoingness, so he admired her for not letting other people change who she was. Even more so, she complimented his personality.

Denise brought him out of his shell. She pulled out the talkative and adventurous side that his introversion trampled at times.

Her extroversion definitely came in handy when his social meter died at their meet and greets.

Denise opens the passenger seat door, pulling Mark's attention away from his journal.

"Hey buddy," he greets Rex as Denise passes him over.

Just as she was about to get in the car, her phone rings. She pulls it out to see an incoming call.

"Who is it?" Mark asks, helping Rex stand up in the window.

"Ana," Denise smiles, "I'll be back." She closes the door and takes a few steps away from the van to answer.

Not too long after she and Mark started dating, she put in the effort to build a friendship with Ana. The two made sure to contact each other every other week, even if it was just through text.

Ana gave birth to a baby girl that she named Liliana.

Liliana is four months now and the chubbiest little thing in the world. Half of the pictures in Denise's phone were of her, considering she is Liliana's godmother.