34

-God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton-

A little time off the road turned to almost two months of just living in Boulder, Colorado. They hadn't been on YouTube or even posted on social media. They had pretty much gone AWOL, putting all their attention on well, family.

Mark and Denise knew that they would have to return to social media and explain everything very soon.

For now, though, they had really adjusted to life off the road.

Life with family, and they loved it.

So much they had agreed that they weren't looking to go back on the road any time soon and should probably look for their own place.

Even when they decided to travel again, it would be nice to have a place to call their own.

Their family could watch Rex and keep up their place for them. It was a smart move, considering Boulder, Colorado, had become their home even though they hadn't intended it too.

The day they agreed to find a place was when Mark dragged his sisters out to ring shop.

If they were going to settle, they would do it the right away - as husband and wife.

Adeline and Samantha were more than relieved that they wouldn't have to wait a whole year or two to help plan the wedding and gain another sister, though they already had.

His parents, of course, were on board, considering they adored Denise.

She had really grown close to them. Closer than she ever thought she could be with anyone old enough to be her parents.

They definitely covered and took care of her as if she was one of theirs.

Denise had always believed it was too late for her to have any parent-kid relationship.

Yet, having Audrey and Eugene in her life proved her very much wrong. It was never too late as long as you were open to accepting something you've never had.

The kids loved her too.

Bringing everything full circle.

There was no reason to wait any longer. Nothing was stopping them. Mark and Denise knew how they felt about each other and even more so that they had a future together.

It was time to seal the deal, and Mark couldn't wait to make Denise his wife.

Better yet, tonight was the night.

They were on a family trip, camping three hours outside of Boulder in Gunnison County.

It was a beautiful night, the fire was warm, and the stars shining brightly in the dark sky. Everyone except Mark and Denise was asleep in their tents.

Denise was tired from the long day but hated to miss such a beautiful view. She had a feeling she was going to crash soon because she could never keep up with a night owl like Mark.

She was relaxed and very much, unaware of Mark's thrashing heart.

At first, he wanted to propose in front of his family but suddenly changed his mind when they started hitting the hay one by one.

It was as if God himself created the perfect setting.

Proposing right under the stars just as they had when solidifying their relationship months ago - months, not even a year.

Most people would think Mark was crazy. There was no way someone could date and marry under a year and make it to the end in this day and age.

But there was, and they would.