23

-Crush by Tessa Violet-

Denise pushed the LIVE button on her Instagram and grabs her pack of cigarettes. She woke up a little bit past noon to find that Mark was out. Oddly, she felt like talking about her feelings.

Since he wasn't there, she decided to go LIVE and talk to their fans.

She sat on the balcony of their hotel room with her phone, propped up on the chair. Even wearing a tank top and shorts, the sun was melting her like a popsicle.

Denise stuck it out, not being able to smoke inside the hotel room.

She takes the first drag of her cigarette, and her eyes widen at how many people had joined the LIVE so quickly. It was over a thousand and still climbing.

"This is insane," she started reading the comments. "Every time you guys smoke in your videos, my throat itches," Denise laughs.

"Understandable," she wasn't offended. "Fun fact, I haven't even been smoking that long. I don't even think it's been a year. This guy I was fooling around with introduced them to me. They became an instant fix when I'm not in the mood to deal with men or a hangover."

She takes another puff of her cigarette. "Surprisingly, I haven't got laid or overindulged in alcohol since meeting Mark. I'm guessing I mind as well kick these cigarettes to the curb before its too late."

She looks at all the comments, which was a mixture of agrees and loving her honesty.

"Anyway," Denise sighs, "Mark went to the gym because apparently, he's not big enough. Just kidding, we eat out a lot. According to him, it's catching up to him."

Someone asks where they are.

"We're in Deleware right now. We've been here for almost two weeks. So we're leaving soon. We've spent most of her time going to history sights because I mean, it is the first state. It's not as boring as it sounds either. I actually loved history in school, so I was pretty into it. Mark tried to be into it," she laughed. "But after the gym, he's bringing me back food, and we're gonna take a hike later."

Tapping her cigarette with her thumb, she scanned the comments again.

Most were asking about her and Mark, whether they liked each other. If it was true that they were only friends.

"You guys are obsessed," she rolled her eyes. "But here's the tea. Mark and I," she leans close to the phone, "we're just friends."

With a mischievous laugh, she pulls back from the camera before getting serious. "Anyway, I did not go LIVE to talk about Mark, I needed to vent, and I thought why not talk to you guys? Maybe some of you can relate. I woke up this morning, and I actually loved what I saw when I looked in the mirror."

She takes a drag of her cigarette and blows out the smoke.

"And I don't mean love how I looked because I always thought I was beautiful. Luckily, that was never an issue for me. I hated who I was on the inside. I've always had this negative perspective of myself. I was never good enough for my parents, so I lived my life thinking I wasn't good enough for anyone. That I'm not worthy of good things. That I don't possess what people are looking for. And now, I'm like, I'm not that bad. I'm pretty cool. I'd have a smoke with me."

Denise catches one of the comments that say, "I don't even smoke, and I'd smoke with you, girl."

"Aww, thanks," Denise blushes.

"You know, I'm just grateful that I met Mark, which a few months earlier would have been hard for me to admit. Everyone has their idea of what a good friend is, but Mark, sometimes I feel like he is a Godsend."