Chapter 13: Discharge

After 3 days I was finally discharged from the hospital. I had some issues with my wound opening back up so I had to stay longer. Platt and Adam took turns keeping me company, which I'm incredibly thankful for. Hospitals are a bit boring. Adam just dropped me off at home and he's going to pick up my pain medication for me. I want to do something nice for him, he's done more than enough for me lately. It's honestly so confusing. I once wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man, now, now all I know is I don't want to go so long without spending time with him. Actual time together, not just at Molly's with the rest of the team. I decide to order him some Chinese, I still remember his favorite. I clean up the kitchen and set the table with a beer for him and a water for myself (I can't drink with the pain killers). I'm hobbling around on crutches so everything isn't as nice as I would like it to be. I look down and realize I'm basically wearing pajamas. I try to get up the stairs, but it's not going so well. I spot a basket of clothes by the dryer that's folded. It's a mix of Adam's clothes and mine, hmm he must have done this while I was in the hospital. I find a pair of my shorts and pull on one of his shirts. I throw my hair up in a bun when the doorbell rings. I set the food at the table and I sit down to wait on him. Mainly because I'm exhausted from everything I just did. I hear the door knob turn.

"Hey Kim, sorry I took so long there was an issue with the insurance but it's fine now. What smells like Chinese?" He says as he walks towards the kitchen. He sees me and the food and he smiles but he looks confused.
"What's this all about?" He asks.
"You've done so much for me Adam. Between letting me move in, being there while I was shot, and just being a great friend. I wanted to do something nice for you. Unfortunately I'm still in pain so this is the best I could do."
"Kim this isn't necessary but it's greatly appreciated. I'll always be there for you, especially if Chinese is involved"
"I figured that was the best way to say thank you, food." We both laugh and I reach out for his hand, he hesitates but wraps his hand in mine.
"Seriously Adam, thank you. I don't know where I'd be without you. We'll probably dead or homeless. You'll never know how much it means to me that you've done all this for me"
"Kim, I'll always do whatever you need me to." He squeezes my hand as he looks into my eyes. I swear this is the look that made me fall in love with him. The look that I'm the only woman he sees and that he likes what he sees. I guess my near death experience makes me brave because before I know it. I'm standing, with my arm around his neck and my lips against his. We suddenly forget all about the food getting cold on the table while we're to busy getting hot on the counter.