⋆7⋆

The next day, my father came with some new books

The next day, my father came with some new books. It made me a little happy, but there was something in my mind which made me sad. Even when I tried to give him the best smile, I failed. He ate lunch with me.

"How is mother?" I asked.

"She's perfectly fine. After getting enough sleep, she looks more alive." He said.

"What about you, father?" I looked at him. "Didn't you sleep well? You look tired".

"I slept well. I'm perfectly fine dear." He said. "Finish your breakfast, I will help you to arrange the books".

"Thank you. But I will do it myself. I don't have anything else to do."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes".

"Is there any else you need?"

"If it's okay with you, I like to have one more chair. I was thinking about setting a chair in the room at the top. It's brighter and warm and has fresh air in there." I told him.

He looked at me for a long time. His eyes bore into mine as if he's reading my mind. At last, he said.

"I will bring one."

He didn't speak for a long time. Then, he left. I took the books and made my way to the second room where the books are kept.

I placed the new books on the table and started to take down the books from the shelf. There were three shelves. Two of them were each one meter wide and had five layers to keep books. The third one only had four layers and was half a meter in width.

First I took down the books from one of the bigger shelves and dusted the shelf. Then, I placed the new books on it. Then, I took down the books from the smaller shelf and I placed all my favorite books in it. I then took some of the books down to my bedroom. It took me more than half of the day to do it. At least I didn't think about going outside.

I grabbed a book and made my way to the room on the top and started to read. I spent the rest of the day reading.

The next day was all blur to me. I woke up late and was slow at everything. I spent all my time reading. I felt like the walls were pressing me. That night I slept in the room on the top. I felt more alive the next day.

In the afternoon, my parents came. They looked fresher, healthier, and happier. I looked just the opposite of that, but I tried to smile. I was sure that they are not going to understand any of my feelings. If I tell them that I want to go out, what will be their reaction? They are not going to agree with me. There was a chair in my father's hand. A new chair for me.

Then stood in my bedroom and looked at all the books they need to take with them when they go.

"Oh my God! That's a lot of books." My mother said.