⋆31⋆

Two months have passed since that night

Two months have passed since that night. Every day that has passed, I thought about it. Whenever I thought about it, the first thing to come into my mind was Zach. Sometimes, I wish I should have told about him to my parents and if they allowed, he can even come here and see me. The later part was more like a dream, which I knew that they are never going allow. Deep down in my heart, I missed him.

At last, the thanksgiving day came. It was an important day in Etherea. Even if thanksgiving was celebrated to thank God, we made it an occasion to thank the people who helped us in different times of our life.

I was excited about the thanksgiving. Anna and Ken told me everything about it. Usually, they thank our parents for everything they have ever given to them. They visit their teachers and friends. They said that when they were kids, they wrote letters to everyone and father will deliver the letters to the ones each letter addressed to. When they grew up, they deliver their letter all by themselves.

In the evening, they will pray with their family and then will eat a luxurious meal. They said that we will be having a turkey and the mother will bake cakes and make a variety of dishes. Anna said that she is excited to help our mother in the preparation of the meals.

After hearing everything from them, I felt the need to write letters to everyone. A letter to father, mother, Anna, Ken and last but not least, Zach. But, how will I give it to him? That was my only doubt. I asked my siblings, whether they can help me by delivering the letter and they agreed to it. They told me that they will go out on the morning of the thanksgiving, so I needed to give them the letter the previous day.

On the day before the thanksgiving, I went to the room on the top. For the last few days, I always came here to look at the clock tower. It felt so good to watch it after seeing it for real. It brings back the memories of Zach with it. I even dried the flower by placing it in a book. Whenever I missed that night, I took the flower.

When I took the paper and pen, I was confused about what to write. But, after thinking for some time I began to write the letters. First, I wrote the letter to a father.

★★★

Beloved Father,

I don't know what to write since it's the first time I'm writing a letter to someone. I'm so happy that this letter is for you and about the fact that its purpose is to say thanks for all that you have ever done for me.

First of all, I would like to begin by saying, Thank You. Because you have always given me that best.

When I was a child, I always thought that you hated me. Because, whenever you guys came to visit me, you were always silent. The mother will ask me about what I wanted. You will look at me, but will never say anything. I know I was always distant from you two when I was a child. It has a reason. But that's another story for another day. But, it all changed when I started to talk to you.