⋆19⋆

A new month

A new month. A new hope. I wish you a happy August. May this month brings you joy.

Next morning, Anna woke me

"Good morning." She said.

"Good morning." I said in a sleepy voice.

"We have class today, so we are going to have breakfast soon. If you want to eat breakfast with us, get up." She said.

"Okay. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." I said. "Where's Ken?"

"He wakes up early and might be dressing at this very minute." She said.

She smiled and went out of the room. I slowly got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

After fifteen minutes, I entered the dining room. Mother was placing the food on the table.

"Good morning." She said when she saw me.

"Good morning, mother."

Father emerged from their bedroom.

"Good morning, father." I greeted him.

"Good morning, beautiful. Did you have a good sleep?" He asked.

"Yes." I said with a smile.

Mother went to the kitchen. I went near the door and peeked inside. I watched as she walked inside the kitchen doing different things at the same time. I slowly backed away from the door and sat on a chair. After sometime, she came into the dining room with two lunch boxes and placed them on the table.

In books, I have read about the way mother's packing lunch boxes and the hustle and bustle of the morning and everything. Seeing those in real life was amazing. I watched everything. After sometime, Ken came in. He was wearing working clothes and a shoulder bag. He gave a bright smile when he saw me.

"Good morning, Silver." He said in a melodious voice.

"Good morning."

He took his seat in the dining table. I got up from my seat and sat near him. Mother and Father took their seats, and we waited for Anna.