⋆10⋆

Neal's pov

Neal's pov

When Ken and Anna started asking questions, Silver came. From one look I was sure that she was crying. Her eyes were slightly red, and she looked paler than usual. Celine didn't look at her, so I was sure that she must have said something to Silver.

I thought it will be a good idea if my children speak with each other and clear their doubts, so we left them.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Silver watching us go. Even though she was smiling, there was a sad look on her face whenever she looked at her mother. She watched me closing the door and then turned.

I closed the door behind us and looked at my wife. She was walking towards the door.

"Celine, what happened in there?" I asked her.

She stopped walking and turned to look at me.

"Where?" She asked.

"In the room, between you and Silver. She was fine till I left the room. But she wasn't looking great when she came back to the room." I stared at her. "Did you scold her?"

From the look on her face, I knew that she was angry, but I don't care. I wanted to know what happened there.

"I didn't scold her." She said. "But, I told her about things."

"About what things?" I asked.

"About the fact that she can't have dreams or hopes, that she is just a girl. I told her she can't do anything, that she's nothing." She told.

I don't know why, but I felt angry towards her.

"Celine, why did you say that to her? You know her. She must have been shattered. She must have cried a lot. Did you look at her? Her eyes were red. Did you see her face?" I asked her. I wanted to shout, but I lowered my voice fearing someone will hear.

"But Neal, she lives in there. She can't go out. If she dreams of things she can't have, if she gets her expectations high, in the end, she will be shattered." She said.

She's right. I thought.

"You're right about that. But, have you thought about her? All the life she lived in there without complaining." I said.

I was right about that. She lived there for the past thirteen years, but she never complained about it. She accepted everything. She understood why we kept her hidden.

Celine must have understood what I meant because she nodded. I took it as a sign to continue.

"She can't live like us. She can't go out. But that doesn't mean that she can't have hopes or dreams."

"Yeah." That was her reply.

"You promised me that you don't tell her anything, but why did you do that?" I asked her.