⋆29⋆

When I reached the hiding spot, he was already there

"Hello Zach." I said.

"Hey."

"When did you came here?" I asked.

He was sitting on a stone, which I haven't noticed last night when I was here. It was a big one. I wonder how I missed it. I sat next to him.

"A few minutes ago. I wanted to make sure that no ones here. Your safety is the priority."

"That's really nice."

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" He asked.

"Same thing that I did the last night. Watching the market place and talking to you." I answered.

"Okay." He was looking at the market. I looked into the same direction.

"Do you have any idea about something we can do without getting in trouble?" I asked him.

"Yeah. But, that's only going to work if I can know the time your siblings are going to come." He said.

"They said they will come after the singing session."

"That will take at least two hours. It will work." He said.

"So, what's your plan?" I asked.

"To go for a walk with you. We can walk to some place than staying here." He said.

"To where?"

"Your choice." He said.

I thought about it for some time.

"Okay. I want to see the clock tower."

"We usually go to the clock tower through the place where they set the market. Since we can't go through there, it's going to take a long walk." He said.

"Then, we can start our walk." I said.

"Okay. But first, I brought you something."

He produced a bag which I didn't notice earlier. He took a small metal box from the bag, which looked like a box to carry food. He gave it to me. I slowly opened it. A piece of pie was inside it.

"Every year on this day, my mom makes pie. It's her special. We call it the nut pie. It has apple and a variety of nuts." He said.

I took the piece of pie and looked at him.

"I already ate. So, please don't say that thing about sharing food." He said and smiled.

I took a bite. It was delicious.

"It's delicious." I said.

He gave me his sweetest smile.

"Now stop speaking and enjoy your delicious piece of pie." He said.