⋆24⋆

That morning a kind of worry was written all over their faces

That morning a kind of worry was written all over their faces. Seeing their faces, the excitement I had was lost. Even though they tried to smile in front of me, their eyes showed their worries. The thing that they say about the eyes is true. They are indeed the windows of heart. They show the true feelings of a person.

After lunch, Anna came to my room. She colored my hair. It came out exactly like the first time. She was a little worried about it. So, she colored my hair again and it turned out to be a little darker, but not dark like their hair.

"You look worried." I said.

"No, Silver. I'm not worried." She said.

"Don't lie. Remember that I can see your face." I told her.

"No. I'm excited for you." She said.

"Anna. You are worried about the whole thing, I can see it in your face. Not only your, but everyone has a worried expression on their face. I understood it the second I saw you all in the morning." I said.

She was silent for sometime. Then, she sighed.

"Okay. You are right. We are worried about this whole thing." She said.

"But why? We have a plan, a perfect one. Don't worry." I said and she nodded. "Look on the bright side, no one will recognize me in this state." I pointed my finger towards my hair.

"Silver, that's not the problem. No one knows you are alive. No one even knows you were even born." She said.

"I know."

"If people notice that you are a new girl which they haven't seen before, that's a problem." She said.

"Oh. I didn't think about that." I said and placed my hand on her shoulder.

She touched my hand and gave it a squeeze. She nodded.

"Or." I said with a smile.

"Or what?" She asked.

"We can make a change in the plan. You guys go. If everything is okay, take me tomorrow."

"No way. We are not gonna change the plan and you are going, today." She said, in a serious tone.

"Okay. Then, I will stay somewhere away from people. From a place I can see everything and everyone."

She studied me for a minute before speaking.

"Will you be okay with that?" She asked.

"Yes. I will stay somewhere people won't notice me." I assured her.

"Okay." She said.

Mother called us for dinner, and we went to the dining room. Their faces brightened upon seeing me.

"Your hair looks darker than the first time." Ken said.

"We colored it two times." I told him and took seat next to him.